Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

Pro vs. Retail OPS

What do you prefer?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im just wondering what people prefer. Do you like the retail OPS with warranty or get a pro stock OPS that seems stronger but no warranty?

Actually torn in between. I voted for Retail because of the warranty and patterns never change, but I like the new sticks the pro's have so I can get them first. I also LOVE to experiment with pro players patterns although I usually discard all of them.

nm... it went over your head.... lets get back to the topic

A curve is such a PP. I think a retail curve which is much easier to get in case you need to replace your stick works better for me because I would hate to have to hunt some custom curve every time I want get a new stick.

Also warranty is piece of mind for 30 days if nothing else.

Pro stock can be warrentied with a recipt...

Um I dont think so. It specifically says No Warranty on the back for a reason.

I have done it several times...With a void retail recipt they give a replacement. The stores make deals with the company so they can sell the sticks with the warrenty.

I have done it several times...With a void retail recipt they give a replacement. The stores make deals with the company so they can sell the sticks with the warrenty.

nvm then that makes sense shagel, the only pro stock sticks i have are all from online because no stores carry them here. When you do break them and you give them the stick..do they send you like the same pro stick or do they find another one and see if you like it and if you do you take that?

You mean valid? I find that a company wouldn't replace a pro stock since they would have to spend money making more of them. I dont know where you are but I think your LHS is the only place that does that.

Is there any actual truth to the rumor that pro stock sticks somehow last longer?

Anyone in the industry care to comment?

If true there would have to be some difference in the manufacturing process to make the sticks stronger, which I highly doubt actually happens.

Now that I've found a pro stock curve I like better than any in retail, it's definitely pro stock for me. Plus, around here, you get a little bit of a break on the price because of the lack of a warranty. As someone who's only broken one composite in a few years, that helps me out.

Not really, Mrusse01. Some are, some aren't, they are made to players specs. Sometimes re-inforced, sometimes lighter, sometimes the same as a retail.

I like Prostock because they are usually cheaper, have a decent re-sell value on here and the Ebay and it's always fun to hunt for rare patterns.

You mean valid? I find that a company wouldn't replace a pro stock since they would have to spend money making more of them. I dont know where you are but I think your LHS is the only place that does that.

Peranis will warranty some of their pro stock sticks. When they had pro stock XN10s, they came with a 30 day warranty.

Now that I've found a pro stock curve I like better than any in retail, it's definitely pro stock for me. Plus, around here, you get a little bit of a break on the price because of the lack of a warranty. As someone who's only broken one composite in a few years, that helps me out.

I like this guy... (Pro Stock sticks with a warranty ) never herd of it!! Don't think that will ever Happen!!! and I have been buying pro returns for 8 years... If thats the case I am going to go to the sharks Garbage Dumster!!