Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sNIpEr3

Grafs?

I was just looking at the Grafcanada website and saw that the G5 is different from the regular ones! Is graf changing the boot and blade and holder???

Thanks

There is a new ultra G5 that is very different from the other models, I believe they are skill keeping the "regular" G5 as well.

Grafs are a great skate but too overpriced. ( IMO ) But if you have the bucks the G-5 is a good choice and a very durable skate so you'll get years of pleasure out of them.

Grafs are a great skate but too overpriced. ( IMO ) But if you have the bucks the G-5 is a good choice and a very durable skate so you'll get years of pleasure out of them.

so the one90 skate isnt overpriced or the vapor xxx isnt overpriced when it only lasts you 2-3yrs where a graf lasts a fair amount longer depending on how you maintain it. One thing also is they spend alot of money on there products I find grafs more of an investment than anything

All the newer lines are overpriced. You need to compare the features and figure out what will suite you and how long they will hold up. I don't know a lot of guys who can come up with $600 to $700 dollars CDN every year for a new pair of blades. Other skates have durability as well as Graf and better protection features. You need to decide individually what you need in a skate. Graf make a good quality product but they aren't for everyone.

700 series grafs are all priced around $450 cdn here, which is $250 cheaper than xxx's, 9k's, vectors, and all that lot.

I don't know a lot of guys who can come up with $600 to $700 dollars CDN every year for a new pair of blades. Other skates have durability as well as Graf .....

Yes. Most people cannot come up with 600 to 700 dollars a year, which is why graf is such a viable option to most people who want top quality skates. Like sogaduch said, grafs are an investment.

You cannot tell me that ANY other current (one90s excluded cuz i got high expectations for them) 600-700 dollar skates last anywhere as long as a graf.

As far as high performance skates, they may not be the lightest or the stiffest (stock) but they are the best made.

I wonder if that has to do with the fact that they're made in Canada....

I guess we will just have to wait and see how long some of the newer models last. I wear CCM or Easton and have had both makes for many years. I find both have given me great durability and comfort as well as great performance on the ice. All I'm trying to say is there are more manufacturers that can make skates that last. I've tried Grafs and their definitely not for me. But I also admit they are a well made skate and if they work for you that's great!