Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

legion4

Best Blade Holders

What are the best blade holders??  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

icms and tuuks are two that i've tried that are great. i also used pro-lites for a while, but i thought they felt weak and bulky.

wheres the love for the e blade?

while your at it, you might as well give the 3d blade holder a shot

Of the holders I've used, I'd rank them this way.

Tuuk Custom +

Mission Pitch (still new to me but I love it)

Prolite

x

x

x

x

Cobra

what are the prolite holders?

as for PITCH, are the feel characteristics similar to tuuk custom+'s?

what are the prolite holders?

as for PITCH, are the feel characteristics similar to tuuk custom+'s?

So far they feel very similar, I'm not even having a problem adapting to the longer rocker as I did with the cobras. Even after having the Cobras set to 9ft I still wasn't happy with them. The steel just plain sucks on Grafs.

T'blade my friends....but once you have it(it like a drug) you will always stay with t'blade..lolz

seriously if you have money...give them a try

I throw my hat into the T-Blade ring. I have used the Lightspeed, the Tuuk Custom, the old Mission holder with the "drive shaft," Cobra holders, and CCM's E-holder, and I think the T-Blade is the best of the lot. Great glide, consistant sharpenings, tighter turning, the ability to mix and match hollow and rocker, and the sheer convience of having a skate sharpening in a bag make the T-Blades for me a winner. The only drawback is the noise they make as they cut through the ice which is creepy untill you get used to it, and you do. T-Blades can also be mounted on any skate. What is the motivation behind this post? Is a blade holder really that important in your decision in buying skates? Personally, before I broke the steel in my Missions (then I switched to T-Blades) I never thought to change holders. I like the T-Blades and will continue to use them but I wouldn't fix a problem that isn't broke either if you're satisfied with your current blade holder.

Gotta go with the T'blades, tried almost everything except the Pitch and the Lightspeed and the best so far are the T'blades.

I guess you could call me old fashioned, but I love my Tuuks. I seriously doubt I will ever use a different holder.

I also have tried the T-Blades and the Cobra's but I though the T-Blades just felt kinda cheap, and the Cobra's just plain sucked. They just didn't fit my skating style I guess.

I slapped my black Canstar Tuuks on my S500s...and didn't like them...and that says a lot as I've always worn Tuuk. PITCH is that good. The steel is a little too hard for my taste on a sharpener's standpoint.

I love my t'blades, too bad I need new skates and my dad wants me to get normal holders again because he thinks it doesnt make sense to not be able to sharpen your skates if you step on cement or something. I guess I'll just have to keep my old skates forever.

I love my t'blades, too bad I need new skates and my dad wants me to get normal holders again because he thinks it doesnt make sense to not be able to sharpen your skates if you step on cement or something. I guess I'll just have to keep my old skates forever.

If you like t-blades that much just try reasoning with your dad that they hold their edge longer and in the long run might be less expensive, along with the fact that it's very convienent to be able to swap runners out when you lose an edge,

I myself have used Tuuk, ICM, Prolite, and Perfecta. Of those 4 I like Tuuks the best followed by ICM. If the S500's ever arrive around my way and the skate fits my foot, I'll give the Pitch holders a try.

My local PIAS has a pair of ICMs in my size that look brand new, thinking about slapping them on my Grafs. How much better/worse are ICMs than Cobras?

Having worked at retail for about 15 years (yes, I am old!)...I wondered when companies would challenge Tuuk on holder options.

For years, Tuuk struggled with blades, holders, etc...as everyone else who has presented or offered a new holder. And everyone is looking for the right answer.

A couple stand out to me right now....

1. Pitch - good concept. Our shop has been doing this for years with shims, and grinding. It is amazing how performance related this site is, that so many of you overlook how pitch can positively and negatively (if set wrong) your skating. Ever feel like you are on your heels? We have access to customizing pitch, but 99% of the consumers out there don't and won't try...until now with the Pitch holder.

2. T-Blades - while I can't get over the sound/feel. I recommend this holder quite a bit to those looking to shave weight in the performance game.

My thoughts are my thoughts...remember that!

Keep the comments flowing fellas...

Go Flames!