Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cobrAA

How much stick last you?

how long your stick last you?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm interesting by the longivity of your stick.....I break 3 stick(cyclone,2franklin) in 7-8yr of playing hockey...and i broke all my stick this year...

The kind of stick will definately make an impact on the durability it has for me.

OPS - 4-8 Weeks usually

Wood - 2 weeks (Haven't used any in a while)

Shafts - 3 Months (Using my first for a year or so)

Wood Blades - 2 weeks (Again on my first in a while)

Composite blades - around a month (Stopped using them because of poor durability)

I haven't used nearly as many sticks since I stopped playing as much, so now there longer. My last OPS lasted me around 2 months and the others were right around a month, but when I was playing 5-7 times a week (I play once or twice right now) I was breaking an OPS every 3 weeks.

Eazy is right, it definitely depends on what kind of stick. For the past two or three years I've been using strictly OPS and shafts/comp. blades. For OPS, I find that they last me around 2-3 months. I normally don't break blades, but I wear them out pretty good, they get real soft. As far as shafts go, I like them when they get older, like my Inno 1100, which I've been using off and on again for 9 months is feeling perfect now that I've worn it in, and the Polarfibre is soft.

OPS - Last one was a bit over 2 months

Wood - a week, maybe

Shafts - rarely break shafts

Wood Blades - 2 weeks

Composite blades Only use comp blades in OPS, prefer the feel of wood.

I'm on the ice about 3 days a week this time of year and more like 5 when I'm coaching.

hey guys how can break a wood blade in 2 week..what do you do with them???you slash the board???lolz I never a blade in im using shaft for about 2 year

Most of the time they lose their stiffness in a week but I try using them for another game or two to save money. When I take a slapper, the blade traps the puck to the ice and loads up so they get a lot of force put on them. I usually end up giving them to other guys who don't have a big shot or aren't as picky as I am.

OPS- I don't bother with that crap

Shafts- 6-9 months

wood sticks- 2-5 weeks

wood blades- 3-6 weeks

composite blades- 4-5 months

I voted for a year becuase I dont play super competitive, I play ball hockey and it gets pretty rough, its all about being smart with what you do with your stick. Many guys by a wood stick and they go out and act like total enforcers and bang their sticks everytime something goes wrong and needless slashes and all that contribute to how much your stick breaks. Shafts I have never seen one broken due to in game action maybe cuz its ball hockey and the ice doesnt compress the shaft and make it brittle but shafts are absoulute tanks. Never seen one break. OPS are always fun to slash at since they are so light you can easily lift their sticks but once again OPS doesnt even break in ball hockey. Wood blades dont tend to break on me they just wear out badly and start to chip out in chunks, graphite blades are tanks too, they are couple of minor cracks in my ultra graphite back when i used it but it lasted me many many games. Abs blades are very good durabiliy wise, they wear out so good that i tend to wear it out thin before anything breaks it.

3 weeks for an OPS. our league is sponsered by Sher-Wood so we have to use their OPS, and they break in like 2 week. so i just buy a synergy and paint it.

3 weeks for an OPS. our league is sponsered by Sher-Wood so we have to use their OPS, and they break in like 2 week. so i just buy a synergy and paint it.

lolzzzz smart guys!!!!

OPS: 3-4 months before the blade goes

Shafts:I've had my novius for 2 months and was used before I got it. Still awesome.

Wood sticks: 2 1/2 weeks

Wood blades: 2 1/2 weeks

Comp. Blades: Well my z-carbon lasted 1 1/2 games before it chipped, (still very useable) but my ultra graphite I had a while and was in good condition for about a month before it started chipping.

OPS: 2-3 Months, I usually only break the blades.

Shafts: about a season, plus summer pick up

Wood sticks: 1 or 2 games

Wood blades: 2-3 weeks, depending on when they start to give

Comp. Blades: 2-3 months

OPS: 3 mo. on my '03 Synergy, at least 3 mo. on my TFG (semi-retired)

Shafts: The Synthesis has about 5 months of regular use, but still holding up well

Wood blades: 3-4 weeks

Comp blades: 5 mo. on my last Synth., depends who makes it