Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stickfixchaska

Lacing Skates

I was wondering what (if any) different lacing patterns players use.

For the longest time, I used to go with a standard sneaker lace pattern. At bottom, lace goes into both eyelits from the top. Then they crisscrossed all the way up as they weaved out over the toung and back in thru the eyelits.

However, I just replaced the laces on a pair of skates that I bought 2 years ago and noticed that the pattern was not the same as my "regular" shoe lace pattern. The crisscross' alternated from below (inside touching the toung) to above (outside of) the boot. This only occured 3-4 times because from the ankle up, I tied them like I normally would have.

Are there benefits of using different techniques? Is there a list of different patterns somewhere?

I actually use two laces on one skate, i lace one lace all the way up the left side, then the other lace all the way up the right...

^^Do they weave between each other? Because from what you just said they would be loose

That way he can throw off his gloves AND his skates when he gets into a fight. :P

I actually use two laces on one skate, i lace one lace all the way up the left side, then the other lace all the way up the right...

Can you take a pic? What does it look like?

I lace mine outside-in except for the top 3 eyelets where it's inside-out. The laces seem to lock in place better outside-in but remain a bit looser on the top 3 eyelets for better mobility. I started doing this with my CCM 752 Kevlar Tacks and continued this with other skates ever since. I guess it half-accomplishes what CCM's lace-lock feature now offers.

I lace mine outside-in except for the top 3 eyelets where it's inside-out. The laces seem to lock in place better outside-in but remain a bit looser on the top 3 eyelets for better mobility. I started doing this with my CCM 752 Kevlar Tacks and continued this with other skates ever since. I guess it half-accomplishes what CCM's lace-lock feature now offers.

this is exactly how I lace my skates... except I only lace the top 3 when I have the skate on.

The same way here-it seems to put a more even pressure on the outer edges of the tongues for me and I dont need to pull them up as tight for a firm fit-has helped keep my feet from cramping or getting hot spots

you could do army boot lacing which is what my dad taught me

you just pull on the laces from bottom to top and they get super tight then when your done you tie it up.

It's seriously the only method that I've seen useable to achieve maximum consistent tightness