Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guy Incognito

HockeyForums.com

As I did on this board and on one other, HFBoards.com, I made a post to let players know about a D/C Adult team I am beginning in the fall in Columbus, Ohio. The posts were the same in each forum and I think were truly appropriate. Evidently each member of the MSH staff and HFB staff agree because each of those boards let the post stand. So I go back today to see if there were any responses on www.hockeyforums.com, and my post was deleted. In fact, it appears four of my posts were deleted when I compared my post count to the actual posts I still have on the board (I've never acted inappropriately on the board I might add). At any rate, the point of this post is two fold:

- Be thankful we all have a board available to us, like MSH, where decent speech is treated like 1st Amendment speech.

- Don't go to hockeyforums.com unless you want to be parented by a bunch of power-tripping adolescents behind the curtain.

My final post, on hockeyforums.com, which of course was deleted within 3 minutes (I'm not kidding about that):

:lol:

I know that Moderation can be difficult at times considering the amount of different people who may bend and break the rules.  However, I posted something looking for players for an adult D-League team in Columbus Ohio, and for some reason it's been deleted.  In fact, when I look at my number of posts, it appears 4 of my messages have been deleted.  I'm not sure what kind of power trip it takes to delete a message with an offering to play hockey, but I can tell you it isn't right.  If it happens again, I will not come back to this board and will let every one of my friends who frequent this board know about what happens here.  I did not curse or pit anyone down in my post, nor was I spamming or acting inappropriately.  Limiting speech on an open forum gets you no where fast.

**I fully expect this to be deleted as well, so this may be my last post**

Obviously, I'm not going to stop at telling just my friends, I'm going to do my best to get the word out to everyone. :ph34r:

Yeah, I think they deleted some threads because I remember seeing something about a person who felt his Bauer XIV's skates were uncomfortable and it isn't on there anymore...unless the thread is on this site. :ph34r:

hf.com or hfboards.com... hfboards is waaay better, still not even close to being as good as this board.

Alot of this crap happens on Hockeys Future also. As a Pens fan im gaurenteed to get a warning from the flyers Mods if a I post anything Flyers related. The Canes mod is also overboard in there thread locking when discussion of Orpik and Cole come up. Just a bunch of homers who try to limit your right to free speech because there opiion is different from yours. I was nearly banned after Hatcher knocked out Crosbys teeth.

I was nearly banned after Hatcher knocked out Crosbys teeth.

As I don't like either player that was fun all the way around for me.

Man i wish I'd seen that!

Man i wish I'd seen that!

It was nice when Crosby came back in the game and undressed Hatcher showing what a hack that pylon really is.

As for the poster who claimed the mods were imfringing on his free speech, that's BS. These boards are essentially private property and we are permitted to post here by the owners. If someone starts exercising their right to free speech in my living room about how they don't like this ethnic group or that one, I have the right to ask them to shut up or kick them out. If you disagree with the policy, you are free to go somewhere else.

If a board has stupid policies, it won't stay popular very long.

Hold the phone... I dont know if youve ever been to hockeysfuture before or not but there is a section for each team and each team has its own mods. Common sense tells you to moderate your own board, right? There are few over zealous fellows who think its there right to warn you/lock threads on other teams forums just because there is a discussion about one of there favorite players. If your a Canes mod then you shouldnt be locking threads in the Pens section. its all about the power trip. Each teams mods arent the message boards owners there basicly the forums biggest homer for said team.

My point, Troop. Just want to make sure everyone knows about it. If you reread my post you'll understand that is what I am trying to communicate.

Absolutely, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was refuting your post, I was responding to the one about free speech, I should have quoted it.

Gotcha ;)

I'm just thankful that societally accepted rules on speech also rides for the most part here on MSH. As someone mentioned earlier, just because I disagree with someone doesn't make them wrong. It's just a matter of opinion sometimes. We've got a nice community here thanks to the reasonable moderation and hard work of many (including posters).