Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheesehead

Lambo vs. Ferarri

Are lambos better or ferarris better?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The new blue murcielago roadster..I havent caught up on my viva la bam oviously. I havent seen that one. The purple gallardo was sick though.

I dont watch the show, so i dont know if they put his new murcie roadster on it, but someone i know if pretty close to bam and showed me some pics of it.

1zebaev.jpg

1zebaxv.jpg

1zebamb.jpg

If i have an F40, im not going to be driving it everyday. Try driving one in traffic...its hot, loud, real heavy clutch and a slightly uncomfortable seats/harness. Oh yeah, dont get on the boost, or your sent torpedoing into/under someones rearend. The price to repair? Oh just 6 digits on the front end alone asumming you didnt crack the carbon fiber tub.

Of course a ferrari isnt going to be your DD. But that will be your sports car. Then you have your nice SUV, Cayne TurboS anybody? Then you have your big ass sedan, you see how it goes. Not cheap sub 50k sports coupe for me.

C6 'Vette Z06 or Mustang Shelby GT500 for me. Nothing like good old fashioned american mucle

and the 'vette will hang with the ferraris and lambos for less than half the price.

C6 'Vette Z06 or Mustang Shelby GT500 for me. Nothing like good old fashioned american mucle

and the 'vette will hang with the ferraris and lambos for less than half the price.

Unless your actually going to the track hanging with the ferraris and lambos is useless. Its all about the heritage. Ferrari has so much passion for racing and it has so much history behind it. Its prestegous to own a ferrari,

Lamborghini is more of a status symbol. It says I have lots of money look at me. If I had the choice I would chose a ferrari over anything.

Corvettes are a dime a dozen. and yes I am aware of what the c6 Z06 has to offer but if I want a car that can hang with the legends for that price. Give me an ariel atom

and let it destroy my face

When top gear tested the atom its lab times were just under that of the ferrari enzo, way faster than the c6. but what car took the cake as the fastest car the ever tested.... None other than the

koenigsegg

Unless your actually going to the track hanging with the ferraris and lambos is useless.

The Atom is even more useless than anything else.. Did you notice that it doesnt even have a windshield? Or Body panels for that matter. Its strictly a track bred machine not suitable for road use. Its an incredible achievement for the price, and i would love to own one...but in no way is it useful on the road.

BTW, we're getting a little of topic here. Lambo or Ferrari.....Enzo vs. Ferrucio. Fiat vs. Audi. Horse vs. Bull. Racecar builder vs. Tractor builder. :ph34r:

Unless your actually going to the track hanging with the ferraris and lambos is useless.

The Atom is even more useless than anything else.. Did you notice that it doesnt even have a windshield? Or Body panels for that matter. Its strictly a track bred machine not suitable for road use. Its an incredible achievement for the price, and i would love to own one...but in no way is it useful on the road.

BTW, we're getting a little of topic here. Lambo or Ferrari.....Enzo vs. Ferrucio. Fiat vs. Audi. Horse vs. Bull. Racecar builder vs. Tractor builder. :ph34r:

another one to add NASCAR vs. Irl :)

But you see, those having nothing to do with Ferrari nor Lamborghini. Everything i said is about their history.

But you see, those having nothing to do with Ferrari nor Lamborghini. Everything i said is about their history.

isee now.

Street Racing is the best racing in the world. ..

You been juicin your engine?

YEA, wana race?

Nah man, I aint racin agianst you man, I saw you beat a civic the other day, that was sick.

Yeah, Ive put a lot of wrench time into this beast.

BTW, we're getting a little of topic here. Lambo or Ferrari.....Enzo vs. Ferrucio. Fiat vs. Audi. Horse vs. Bull. Racecar builder vs. Tractor builder. :huh:

An atom is just as useless as a ferrari or lamborghini. Yes the lamborghini and ferrari have roofs and what not but they are just as impractical. The trunks can hold a purse, the ride is rough, you dont want to let any of them get wet. WHen your buying cars like that it really doesnt matter.

An atom is just as useless as a ferrari or lamborghini. Yes the lamborghini and ferrari have roofs and what not but they are just as impractical. The trunks can hold a purse, the ride is rough, you dont want to let any of them get wet. WHen your buying cars like that it really doesnt matter.

An Atom is way my impractical than a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Whats to say the skies dont open up and decide to give you a nice shower. You're SOL.......water everywhere and no windshield to block the incoming spray. With the others you can click a button and the top goes up.

Ever been in a new(er) Ferrari(except the Stradale) or Lamborghini? The ride certainly isnt rough at all, its tight...but not rough. Not to mention they're pretty spacious unless your the size of a caveman.

Dont want it to get wet? The car isnt exactly going to melt. I know quite a few people who own exotics that daily drive them. Snow, sleet, rain....no difference. The new lambos with Audi Quattro 4wd are actually great daily drivers.

I will agree lambos and ferraris are much more practical than an atom, but calling them a great DD? Thats a stretch.

I LOVE the 250GT's (late '50's) or 350's (mid 60's) but I don't have $1+million to fork over...

http://www.ferrarilife.com/photos/viewphot...modelselect=147

For a 'supercar' you can actually drive without having a tow truck follow you, I'd pick a Porsche 928 any day!  :)

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showcar.php?do...ar_model_id=127

I love the 928, but I wouldnt call that a super car, not at all.

Not only that, but for the cost of a low mileage 928 GTS, you could get a moderately miled 993 TT for about $10k more. And while the 911 turbo isn't a supercar.... it's fairly close and could be a daily driver.

I will agree lambos and ferraris are much more practical than an atom, but calling them a great DD?  Thats a stretch.

The internals on the modern ferrari/lambo engines will last for ever as long as you keep up on oil changes, etc. They are very well built engine. Major problem is the rubber timing belts and rubber bushings that will dry, rot, and eventually break. If you changed them over to Kevlar you would be fine for a lifetime. Ferrari doesnt even use the rubber belts anymore, they use chains.

As For daily driving the thing: If you drive anything in the rain and winter salt it will need MAJOR work after 10-12 years whether it be $10,000 or $1,000,000.

I LOVE the 250GT's (late '50's) or 350's (mid 60's) but I don't have $1+million to fork over...

http://www.ferrarilife.com/photos/viewphot...modelselect=147

For a 'supercar' you can actually drive without having a tow truck follow you, I'd pick a Porsche 928 any day!  :)

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showcar.php?do...ar_model_id=127

I love the 928, but I wouldnt call that a super car, not at all.

Not only that, but for the cost of a low mileage 928 GTS, you could get a moderately miled 993 TT for about $10k more. And while the 911 turbo isn't a supercar.... it's fairly close and could be a daily driver.

the 993's (TT or not) are awesome machines - very fast and the last of the air-cooled 911-series. Would love one of those too, right along side my 928 ;)

for some of you guys, you sure have a lot to say about how these other cars (F40's, Lambo Murc's) drive - I'm just wondering if you have actually ridden in one, let alone drive one, or is this information from magazines? :)

I have been in late model ferraris but not any lambos, and the ride isnt rough but it isnt smooth, and the atom might not be as practical in the aspect of rain but they do have windscreens :)

Labor on ferrari's and lambos is a bit much. My uncle had his 308 GTS in for service a few months back and it out him back 3 grand. But when you own that kind of car you should expect those kind of prices.

In the end I would want a Ferrari over a lambo

Ferrari > Lambo any day of the week

I'd still rather a C6 Z06 because I can hang with the exotics and pay less AND use it as a DD. Also, you don't see C6s every day, let alone C6 Z06s... And if I'm buying a car to impress anyone anyway then that's just sad. I'd buy it because I want it because of its performance capabilities and style.

I see multiple z06's on my block alone.

They're stil relatively new, and still commanding over MSRP prices. Stealerships are charging atleast $5-10k over MSRP.

Ferrari > Lambo any day of the week

I'd still rather a C6 Z06 because I can hang with the exotics and pay less AND use it as a DD. Also, you don't see C6s every day, let alone C6 Z06s... And if I'm buying a car to impress anyone anyway then that's just sad. I'd buy it because I want it because of its performance capabilities and style.

Hmm, I saw a bunch in Orlando on the road...Fern Park has 4 independent Corvette dealerships within a half-mile of each other...

I see multiple z06's on my block alone.

They're stil relatively new, and still commanding over MSRP prices. Stealerships are charging atleast $5-10k over MSRP.

I think I have seen a total of 7. First one I saw was abot 5 months ago. I went to toyota training school which was near a ferrari masserati dealer, Z06 C6 sitting in the parking lot. The guy must have been wishing he got a ferrari