Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassius

Distance to nearest ice-rink

My closest rink is 200 maybe 300 yards at most. 2 sheets of ice. Close, but I don't take advantage of it as much as I should.

Is there open hockey or stick and puck time at Chaska?

Does anyone have a hard time making it to the rink on a regular basis?

I'm a beginner and i'm looking to get better, but its just rough to get to the rink.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and there is no rink in my town, so its a 30 minute drive just to get to stick/puck.  With gas prices at almost $3 a gallon - that further complicates matters

If I had a rink in my town I would go multiple times per week, but I find myself only going to the rink every once or two weeks.

Where do you live in Pittsburgh?

Monroeville

All the rinks that I play at are under 40 mins. And thats about 15 rinks.

My practice rinks are: 2 min, 7 min, 8 min, 15 min and 20 min. :)

This would make a good molson canadian commercial. Showing ppl from USA, England, Australia, Sweden, Russia, Finland, etc. driving about an hour to get to a game and then some canadian guy goes out into his backyard and starts playing on his own rink :D

I'm a beginner and i'm looking to get better, but its just rough to get to the rink.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and there is no rink in my town, so its a 30 minute drive just to get to stick/puck.  With gas prices at almost $3 a gallon - that further complicates matters

If I had a rink in my town I would go multiple times per week, but I find myself only going to the rink every once or two weeks.

Monroeville

Delmont's about 20 minutes from you. Harmarville is probably 15 by taking the turnpike.

Monroeville

Delmont's about 20 minutes from you. Harmarville is probably 15 by taking the turnpike.

With the construction and lights, it takes about 30 minutes on average for me. I live right on the edge of Monroeville too.

All of the sticktimes at bladerunners seem to be 15 and under, accoring to their site

We have to play all our home games at a rink 45 minutes away while they're building the new rink in my town. We practice on an outdoor rink like 5 minutes away though.

Outdoor roller: 10 minutes

Open Indoor roller: 35 minutes (and across state lines to boot)

Indoor roller league: 45 minutes

Pickup Ice: 30 minutes

Ice league: 30-50 minutes dependingon which rink we're playing at

Playing hockey 3-5 time a week: Priceless

There's a small rink (only used for stick & puck and classes) about 20 minutes from my house, but all the league games are at a rink 30 minutes away (if there's no traffic).

Fortunately they're going to remodel the small rink into a full-size one next year.

Monroeville

With the construction and lights, it takes about 30 minutes on average for me. I live right on the edge of Monroeville too.

All of the sticktimes at bladerunners seem to be 15 and under, accoring to their site

The site says 15 and under, you can call and see if they'll let you on anyway. Valley Sports Complex has stick time for everyone, but it's a little farther. Go to their site and see when it is.

I live in the US's smallest state so the furthest rink is not more than 1 hour. BUT!

Rinks that are open when they say they are. Rare.

Rinks that have public skating/hockey during non school or work hours? 2. One has hockey after 2pm in the summer only. Another has public skating after 2pm but that's during the hockey season only.

Rinks that have stick time? 1. And that wasn't until recently.

The above are 3 reasons why I am seriously considering roller as my main source of hockey. There is one rink, 20 minutes, consistent hours and leagues.

There are also many parking lots.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and there is no rink in my town, so its a 30 minute drive just to get to stick/puck. With gas prices at almost $3 a gallon - that further complicates matters

I've got at least 15 rinks that are 30 minutes drive or less.. and probably 3 more at a 40 minute drive. One of these rinks is a two minute walk from my place. Ironically, I've only played there twice since I moved into that neighborhood lol

The rinks where I work are 15 minutes from my house. The rink where I play is 40 minutes from my house. All my old-timer friends play at this other dump and the 4 rink building I work in, I hardly ever play in! Is that screwed up or what?

I have 2 rinks within 5 minutes drive and another one within 10 minutes drive - and have used them maybe twenty times in the last eight years.

Practices last year were at 6pm on the other side of the city. What would be a 30 minute drive turned into one hour and 15 minutes in traffic - longer if some idiot had an accident. Have to check the web-cam before leaving the house!

"Home" games were a bit further - but sometimes later with less traffic - so always had to use that 1 hour to 1 hour +15 minutes time line.

"Away" games - oh good heavens, girls' hockey certainly is a travelling game. The farthest are 90 minutes and the "close" games would be 40 minutes - both estimates are WITHOUT heavy traffic.

You have to figure on heavy traffic from 3.30pm to 7pm - except Fridays when it is just messed up all day long, and there is no good time to travel.

It takes 3 to 4 hours in order to get one hour of ice time. Drivin' my life away....

Ice: One within 10 minutes, another within 15, and a third within 30.

Roller: One that is about 2 minutes away, another that is about 20

There's like 36 rinks in Edmonton, so only the ones on the northiside, since I live on the southside are hard to get to. Nearest one is like 4 mins away.

15 minutes to where I mostly play, 15 minutes to the next closest.

4 others are within 40 minutes.

Problem I have is the wife wants to move to a new house and I told her that any new house bigger than where we live now is farther from the rink.......