Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

hitting

I am not that good at hitting, but I like riding people out into the boards when they are coming down the wing, or just putting a shoulder into their chest when there head is down.

yeah that usualy works hard to miss them if they cant see you and if u do ull look like an idiot not by experience those lol.

i do a nice super sharp turn in on the guy and smash him with all my power in the boards clean.. no dirty stuff just a nice little smash or crunch haha :D

i just love a good solid shoulder check to their chest

also catching a kid coming across the ice with his head down or looking back and you just rock him kinda like what happened to Umberger

If you hit someone in their hip, either with your hip or your arms, just as they skate by you, you can really mess someone up without really taking yourself out of the play. For example, say they are skating by you on YOUR left (so their left is closer to you). Right as they take a stride with their left leg and it is full extended, you hit their hip, causing their body to further rotate in that direction. They legs get all twisted up and they take a nice spill, but you didn't have to hit them that hard so your mementum is still going in the direction you were headed to begin with...probably to get the puck.

I guess this would kind of be a hip check, but not a full out hip check where they go for a ride over your back! :-) Those are nice too!

Shoulder rub outs on the boards works best for me. And anything when the forwards are staring down at the puck :D

The most effective is if I can get my hip on them first and be able to pick them up using the hip and "place" them onto the boards. It ensure that they aren't going anywhere. A shoulder to the center of the chest makes the biggest bang if you can push the air out of them but has a downside if they absorb the hit into the boards.

"Head to chest. Works everytime."

that's always good for a beating plus an ejection

"Skating backwards on D.

Wait for forward to cut or look down.

Put on the brakes.

Lights Out!"

Unless you put the brakes on at the wrong time and the puck handler skates around you making you look like a full when you jump at him to check and miss...

I hate it when people go for the highlight hits instead of making the smart play

I'm very good in shoulder/shoulder against the boards check, i think it's for the timing and positioning of your body. But in fact i really dont know why.

I dream about a good hipcheck, but i suck at it...

I think it's more important to make the right defensive play, if i'm too "late" i never check, if stealing the puck it's better than take out the man go for it, never liked guys that go around tryng to smash everybody.

"I think it's more important to make the right defensive play, if i'm too "late" i never check, if stealing the puck it's better than take out the man go for it, never liked guys that go around tryng to smash everybody. "

That's why I teach the kids position-puck-body. Put yourself in the correct position so the other player doesn't have the advantage, then play the puck (poke checking, getting it away from the other man), then play the body (body up or check). I see to many kids go for the big hit first and get burned. Not only do they look like a dope when they miss they get taken out of the play and give the other team an odd man rush or scoring chance.

Go for a chop block in the back of the knees....j/k haha. Seriously though I'm only 5'10 and only 183lbs but have a large lower body so natrually I love the hip check. I hit like Rob Blake (with his ass)

"Head to chest. Works everytime."

that's always good for a beating plus an ejection

"Skating backwards on D.

Wait for forward to cut or look down.

Put on the brakes.

Lights Out!"

Unless you put the brakes on at the wrong time and the puck handler skates around you making you look like a full when you jump at him to check and miss...

I hate it when people go for the highlight hits instead of making the smart play

I hate when people use personal tag lines like 'No Fear'. Why not just get "i'm a tough guy" tattooed on your forehead!

Read the original question. It didn't say: What's the smartest and safest way to bodycheck, 100% of the time.

Why must people mouth off? I guess it's because they have no fear.