Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Ive seen some members that seemed like good guys be banned because of stupid stuff like that. Im just trying to warn you so that you don't get banned. But obviously if you get offended when someone tries to save your ass you don't deserve to be saved.

Sorry about cluttering your topic Keith, and I'm very sorry for this hardship. I hope that you guys pull through so that I can try out one of your chassis!

In the midst of the tears at Sprung's imminent demise, I have a question for wheel configuration. I'm going to be playing on polished cement (basically a rink w/ the ice taken out). I was thinking about to mixing soft and hard (74a and 76A) on my wheel setup. Should the soft be the middle two wheels, or the front and rear on each skate?

Thanks in advance.

In the midst of the tears at Sprung's imminent demise, I have a question for wheel configuration. I'm going to be playing on polished cement (basically a rink w/ the ice taken out). I was thinking about to mixing soft and hard (74a and 76A) on my wheel setup. Should the soft be the middle two wheels, or the front and rear on each skate?

Thanks in advance.

if i remember correctly, the softer wheels go in the middle. or u can stagger them.. i tried the mix thing and didnt feel much difference.

Actually, I play on painted concrete, and have found that putting the harder wheels in the middle gives me more speed while the softer wheels on the outside gives me more grip for pushoffs and cornering.

76A outside, 84A inside :)

All,

Thanks for the info on the wheel setup.

Still pouting over the industry turning it's back on the biggest step forward since suspension for mountain bikes. I'll likely have to start a thread for a support group as we all morph back into the stone age of inline, dammit.

All,

Thanks for the info on the wheel setup.

Still pouting over the industry turning it's back on the biggest step forward since suspension for mountain bikes. I'll likely have to start a thread for a support group as we all morph back into the stone age of inline, dammit.

start it up... im down..

Hey Keith, I am devistated!!! I was so looking forward to getting a set of Magnesium Alloys. I was ready to put down a deposit for a pre-sale if and when you offered that for the Mag's. I understand that it was a Canadian Wholesaler who dropped the ball. That is very surprising, as there is a ton of Roller Hockey leagues in and around the GTA, especially just west of Toronto: Mississauga has a league that has NARCh investors, there are leagues in Burlingon, Oakville, Brampton, maybe a few more that I don't know of. A fairly big league in Toronto itself (although they use a no-bounce ball?). East of Toronto there is the East End Saints and Durham Inline. So no shortage of players, and probably close to 100% of those players come from the ice hockey world, so Sprungs would be the perfect match for the transition. I know there are a number of "Source for Sports" fanchises that supply alot of Roller gear, that is an angle that I would suggest you look into? I truely hope that you keep trying to make it happen, as I honestly feel that there is a huge market here in Canada for a product just like yours. I for one, would snatch up a set of A7's to install on my Bauer RX:60's in a heart-beat.

I had to make an account just so I could respond to this. It's very disappointing to see the next batch not come through on this. I know I have been waiting almost a year for a set of A7 Sprungs myself(currently skating on A8s that won't fit my new boot), and promptly preordered as soon as the option was available. I wonder if any kind of deal with major online retailers may have been looked into? I know I would be more comfortable ordering these frames from somewhere well known and reliable, like inlinewarehouse, rather than the sprung-inline site. I also imagine they get a lot more traffic, which would be like advertisement on it's own.

Aside from my disappointment about this though. I have to say, I don't much care for the fact that this thread is the best place to find information on Sprungs, rather than the official website. It's been a week since Keith announced here that the order would not be going through and preorders would be getting returned. Yet there is no such information available on the website, in fact, the option to preorder is still available there. I can't imagine having a professional, well maintained, and up to date site would hurt when trying to market a product to other companies. I appreciate that Keith stays active here to speak directly with the community that he has built through his product, but the website showcasing the product should not be neglected.

yeah , thats the way to do it.the thicker the metal rod the harder the spring. nice clean job.

Hdpe is nonmetallic. I'd just get new springs. Making the spring harder simply means you are closer to a rigid frame.