Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Keith, I was thinking that A7 arms and A6 bodies would work if using 72mm wheels. I mocked it up. But, does anyone know if it would work for sure?

Thanks

Edit: Further testing reveals the 2nd hits the frame when the suspension bottoms outs. And there approximately 1mm clearance b/t the 2nd and 3rd wheels. Would I feel slow and have too little grip with 68mm wheels?

let's try to keep this thread alive... its sinking fast. keith hasn't said a word in a while. i think we all want to hear any type of news.

let's try to keep this thread alive... its sinking fast. keith hasn't said a word in a while. i think we all want to hear any type of news.

+1.

This entire situation is pretty disheartening.

Everybody take a deep breath and smile. We just got enough wholesale orders to keep it all moving and on schedule. I am going to use this chance to stop selling retail online, and let the business move on to local distributors. We'll continue with the pre-sale and stop retaining when the new product shows up. I'll still be here, but in a happier situation. I ain't a clerk and I never enjoyed that part of it.

We'll continue to hammer away at the Official Frame thing and push on into the market, regardless. The A6X arms will help a lot, and there's interest from some Sprungsters out there in partnering up for the mag alloy arm system, which will improve everything.

We are still going there and doing that. ;)))

That is fantastic news, looking forward to the first release of the new Mag Alloy's... wherever I can get them, I will put an order in as soon as they are taking orders!

So glad to hear that things are going strong man. I was worried there for a bit.

i play on a sport court floor and am expecting a set of the A6 frames in any time. Any suggestions on wheel setup?

I want to get the optimum use out of these frames when i start using them. im 5'11 185lbs.

F**K YEAH.

This is amazing of course for Sprung but the rest of us as well. The roller side of hockey in general for that matter.

Something new in the roller hockey world besides progressively more obnoxious redesign/recoloring/rebranding of a previously existing product is a highly welcome change in a sport that is just incestuously shrinking its development and progress.

So thanks, Keith. I've never tried a Sprung product before but I've been looking forward to my first opportunity to do so for a long time now.

I'm similar in size to you and I run from front to back 76a-76a-78a-76a

I go somewhat the same but for me the last wheel seems to always take a beating so put the 78A in back.

Looks like Sprung is mostly a Canadian and German company right now. Nothing in the way of a US distribution tug. A Sprungster on a major men's boot company's team can't get a pair of boots cause he wants to stay on his Sprungs. He's the high scorer and up for MVP and they are heading for the finals in Pittsburgh. Noses and scissors. ;)

Who is the german distributor?

Sport Schweikard in Muehlheim. My bud, Andreas Spriestersbach. He'll also have them early July. Looking for a UK distributor.

I'm planning on preordering a chassis for the July production, but I'm kind of inbetween sizes of the A6 & A7 and I was wondering if anyone has mounted on an 8.5 Easton boot. I would rather go with the A7 as the larger chassis will probably provide more stability and stopping control, but I was just concerned if I might run into any problems mounting the larger chassis.

NO problems with larger chassis... go with the A7, you have better starting and stopping power, and have the option to run 80mm wheels.