Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

A Good Movie to Rent

I think its a movie about cocaine.

That's what it sounded like to me too but it's something to do with the soul of a person weighing 21 grams.

I think its a movie about cocaine.

That's what it sounded like to me too but it's something to do with the soul of a person weighing 21 grams.

Yeah, I saw a detailed preview a while back, it's about dying and losing 21 grams.

As for movies, I always liked "Night at the Roxbury" and Dogma, really anything with Jay and Bob in it.

Not about Cocaine at all, it's about when you die you lose 21 grams of weight or something like that. Thought it would be about drugs as well. Pretty good movie but hard to follow. Beniceo Del Toro looks exactly like a guy on my bar league team.

BTW what did you rent last night?

I saw the new HP and thought it was great, the ending set up the next one so I will have to wait it out because im not about to read em.

I was actually going to buy Eddie Murphy's best of tonight. Farley's pretty good just because of the Foley skits, the rest of his good stuff is basically him and Sandler which is on the Best of Sandler. I don't know if I could choose which is better out of the 2 I have. I think all of Sandlers skits are good, but nothing amazing, where I die everytime I see the Goulet and Celebity Jeopardy from Ferrels. I think they should (if they haven't) make best of... skits, with ALL of the Celebrity Jeopardy's, a few Mpotivationa Speakers, some Cantene boy and Opera Man, some others I haven't got a chance to watch yet. Was Eddie Murphy on In Living Colour?

BTW I rented "You got Served" last night. Not a good story but awesome break-dancing moves.

We watched that last week in my Hip Hop class...me and my partner stole a few moves from it for our final.

It's really a hard movie to follow, it starts almost at the end of the movie and then cuts to the beginning. Sean Penn plays a guy about to die and is in need of a heart transplant. Naomi Watts plays a mother who's husband and daughters get ran over by a convict who is trying to get his life back together through God (Del Toro). The family of the deceased decided to donate their organs, and Sean Penn ends up getting the father's heart. He then proceeds to stalk her, and eventually the three of them end up all screwed up at the end of the movie (trying not to ruin it).

The 21 grams reference is as someone said earlier that everyone loses 21 grams at the exact moment that they die. I assume the 21 grams is supposed to represent the soul departing to body. The plot takes awhile to develop, but if you got the time I would say it's worth the watch.

If anybody's into psychological thrillers at all then you should give "Memento" a shot. Definately a masterpiece of our time. Great story, script, and acting.

What the hell is a hip-hop class? This something new, like a high school class?

Hip Hop Dance...its pretty cutting edge for my private Catholic high school. No, I can't dance, yes I know how sad the class sounds, but if you saw how hot the teacher and the girls in the class were, you all would be first in line to sign up!

That is correct, I almost took womens studies last semester because the class is 95% women but my advisor told me it was a lot of work. That class might actually help you in the long run because chics dig guys who are good dancers.

BTW I rented "You got Served" last night. Not a good story but awesome break-dancing moves.

We watched that last week in my Hip Hop class...me and my partner stole a few moves from it for our final.

LOL did they show CB4 in your Hip-Hop class?

How about Krush Groove? Beat Street? I saw those in the movie theatre when they came out. ;)

Mall Rats

Jay and Silent Bob: Strike Back

Scary Movie 3

The Ring

Old School

Super Troopers

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

It

Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star

Not Another Teen Movie

How about Krush Groove? Beat Street? I saw those in the movie theatre when they came out. ;)

Whoooooose hooooooooooooooooooouse?

I liked Kill Bill vol 1, its really really wierd how when those japs lose a limb they just blast out 8 liters of blood. I still liked it tho, just saw vol.2 its horrible, the plot is just plain horrible, at first I thought the story was really interesting but the second movie which was suppose to add to that story, just complety killed it. Kill bil vol 2? How about "Kill the plot in Vol2". Another movie I really liked was Bad Boys 2 nothing TOO dramactic just a normal black action movie.

BTW what did you rent last night?

I rented Donnie Darko.

And yes Memento is another masterpiece. Absolute genius.

If you liked Memento then you have to rent Following by the same director. He messes with time in this one two and has many twists but is another amazing movie. I would definitely recommend it.

Nah we didn't watch either of those. We saw Honey, You Got Served, Footloose, Dirty Dancing, two more that I forget the names, and the far and away best one, Breakin'.

Breakin' was bad.  Turbo and Ozone LOL...

You can't tell me that Turbo freestyling with that broom wasn't one of the sickest things you've ever seen.

What about Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo? Haven't seen that one yet.

Patton, Enemy at the Gates, Unforgiven, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Big Trouble in Little China, The Manchurian Candidate, The Fifth Element, Scotland, PA (I just assumed you've already seen SlapShot).