Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazykeeper3317

New Gloves

Right basically im in desperate need for some new gloves (catcher and blocker) and i don't know which to get. all i need is some that i could get in the colours black white and gold. I was wondering what gloves you would recomend as the best, i play at an intermediate level and im willing to spend alot to get a decent set.

it all depends on what you like. What kind of break do you want? How big are your hands? Do you want a pro palm? Thin blocker board? What kind of curve do you want on the blocker board?

it all depends on what you like. What kind of break do you want? How big are your hands? Do you want a pro palm? Thin blocker board? What kind of curve do you want on the blocker board?

Ooook. I don't know what break is, my hands are of an average size, whats a pro palm, is there any advantage to a thin board and same for a curve

the break is the angle that the glove closes.

A pro palm is thicker and you're less likely to feel a stinger from a shot... but it's bulkier and slightly heavier.

Thin boards are lighter(i guess).

The curve of the board as well as rises in the board effect how you deflect pucks as well as effect when you go paddle down.

This will help you out on some terms but it also best explains the "break" in the glove. linkage

I'd just like to add that if you are going to spend a lot of money on something that you should do your research. Find what fits you best and makes you happy.

I'd just like to add that if you are going to spend a lot of money on something that you should do your research. Find what fits you best and makes you happy.

Thanks for the help at least now i have a rough idea what i'm looking for, in the past i have only used second hand gloves as i have always been a back up i didn't see the point in spending alot for gear i would rarely use but this year im moving up to starting and for a bigger team so i will be playing more often and i want gear thats gonna help my game and last

what gloves have you had and did you like them? I HIGHLY recommend you trying out different gloves, especially catchers, to see what's the most comfortable.

Everyone likes something different, one of my good friends just got a brand new TPS bionic catcher and blocker and he loves them. I don't feel comfortable with the catcher but the blocker is amazing... he swears by them.

well ive just been using a set of brians airlight midnight series even though they were second hand i found them amazing when i used them for the first time as i had moved on from a set of vaugns which were very heavy.

Well Brian's gives you a pro palm no matter what model so you've dealt with that. I have an air hook and an eagle tt20, both of which I like... even though they are completely different gloves. Go try some gloves out and let us know what you like. :)

well the biggest comfort issue is the break in the glove. If you can find out what gloves have a similar break then we'll be able to help you out. Do you know what model your vaughn was?

like I said, I already did. I only have the blocker left from the vaughn set. I prefer my eagle and my brian's over the vaughn.

i used vaugn a while back, cant stand them! ive tried on a set of tps summit catcher and blocker as my mate has just got some and they feel great and i think im gonna go with them as im in the uk i cant find the price for the pro ones as you have to call so if anyone would help out and call hockeygiant and check the price that would be very helpfull. im deciding if i want to get them in white or boston colours now only problem is i dont know what the boston ones would look like does anyone know?