Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyDude1712

Problem

Recently I have noticed I am missing alot of passes in the zone and more importantly in the slot. Someone told me cutting my stick down would help. Would it help? Any other tips would help. thanks

It depends on how you are missing your passes. Is it popping your blade up? Is your stick too short and you cant reach it?

I changed lies and it was a hard transisiton. I went with a shorter one to keep the puck closer to me. The only downside is I find myself missing passes. The puck bounces my stick up because where I used to catch the puck is off the ice now... its a pain in the butt. Cutting the stick in my case would only make it worse.

My guess would be you're getting anxious since you're in a scoring position and take your eyes off the puck.

How old are you? Did you just move up a division? Maybe you are more concerned about a defenseman coming in for a check and you are picking your head up early? Has the lighting in the rink changed? I know this sounds pathetic, but I am used to playing in a well lit rink, when I go to a dark rink, it takes me a minute (or maybe half the damn game) to adjust so that I can "see the puck" to my stick again without looking.

My guess would be you're getting anxious since you're in a scoring position and take your eyes off the puck.

sounds like a good comment here, it could be that, since he emphasized on missing the pass in the slot.

Also, any changes in equipment that would affect it? A new pair of gloves could get some time to get used to. Or, for me, it took me forever after wearing a visor a whole summer to get used to wearing a cage again. Just throwing out possibilities

How old are you? Maybe the eyesight is getting bad and it's time for glasses/contacts.

I second that item to have checked. As a 16 year old (eons ago), I started striking out a lot (at baseball!) Went to the eye doctor, and presto, I could hit again...

I am 16. Been in midget hockey for 2 full years. I already have contacts and they were recently checked and the ones I have now are fine. No new equipment or anything. I have a short blade that I use sometimes and sometimes a long one. Could that be the problem?

I am 16. Been in midget hockey for 2 full years. I already have contacts and they were recently checked and the ones I have now are fine. No new equipment or anything. I have a short blade that I use sometimes and sometimes a long one. Could that be the problem?

Gee, do you think using two different blades could cause that problem?

I have a short blade that I use sometimes and sometimes a long one. Could that be the problem?

Gee, my head hurts. Do you think it's a result of banging it on my desk after I read this post?

I say keep at it, if your stick is good the rest of the time, you just need to work around the net, guys seem to lose confidence in themselves quick, just keep at it, even pros have bad periods, just practice, you always need practice...

Hell pros practice every day and they miss plenty in games, also relax...

I say keep at it, if your stick is good the rest of the time, you just need to work around the net, guys seem to lose confidence in themselves quick, just keep at it, even pros have bad periods, just practice, you always need practice...

Hell pros practice every day and they miss plenty in games, also relax...

While you practice these, focus on your plant foot. That's the key for position and timing. Know where you like to have a stationary puck positioned for a slap shot first though. Good luck.