Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ash_96

Lip piercings

hey, just a quick question,

I got my lip pierced a few days ago, and im wondering if anybody has played with a lip ring in before? Im a bit worried about it gettin caught on my chip cup in my cage, so im thinking about wearing a half visor at tonights drop in.

any thought/help would be great!

Thanks,

Ash

yeah thats what i thought, but its new so i cant take it out for 2 weeks without it healing really quick.

After that im gettin a small, flexible, plastic retainer for sports.... But thats still a week and a half away.

My drop in is also usually minimal contact.

Put a band-aid over it and go with the full cage. Do whatever you have to do to adjust the cup from snagging it because you don't want that exposed with a visor because there will always be some jackass who'll think it's funny to put their mitts there.

put tape or a bandaid over it and you'll be fine. If your helmet fits you properly you shouldn't have hardly any problem with anything hitting your lip ring unless someone lifts your cage upwards and pushes it like that. When I got mine done I had them use a fairly small ring so that helped..

Put a band-aid over it and go with the full cage. Do whatever you have to do to adjust the cup from snagging it because you don't want that exposed with a visor because there will always be some jackass who'll think it's funny to put their mitts there.

That would be me. Leave the piercings for the skateboarders and just play hockey.

This just cements my belief that the hockey 'lifestyle' is the most absolute boring and absurd thing around.

I also got my lip pierced not long ago. Use a retainer and full cage. After playing, remember to clean your piercing thoroughly cos of the sweat that's dripped into the hole.

This just cements my belief that the hockey 'lifestyle' is the most absolute boring and absurd thing around.

because so many 'traditionalist' hockey players think piercings and tattoos and stuff don't belong in the sport?

If thats what your saying then I agree, who cares if a kid has his lip pierced or something.. at one point i had my lip, tounge and cartiledge all done and still played hockey..

whats the big deal about being a hockey player and having a piercing? Now I could see if he played in a league where they don't wear cages, but i'm assuming his league games require he wear a cage at all times, so theres no worries because he's not really supposed to be able to drop the gloves anyways, and I'm also willing to bet any of you that play in leagues where cages are mandatory don't drop the gloves hardly at all either..

That's pretty much what I'm saying. I can't ever see a sport defining someone's lifestyle and have never seen it so prevalent in anything else as I've seen in it hockey. That just seems rather boring to me but I realise originality is dead.

Why wouldn't you have waiting until a time that you had a few weeks without playing to get it done?

My summer break is on at the moment. but I still have training and drop in. I play hockey pretty much all year round in different leagues.

For games I'll take it out and wear a retainer, but I cant for like another week and a half, and its only trainin with team mates and friends so it should be fine.

Thanks to people like Mach and FireOnIce, This isnt something ive done to 'fit in' or 'be cool'. Its just something ive wanted to do for a while now so i thought id try it. It annoys me when people take a look at you and judge you because of things like that.

hockey is what i play for fun, Obviously i want to be as good as i can but i know Im not gonna make it to the NHL or anything, so im gonna live my life outta hockey as well as I can. If I want a piercing or tattoo or anything, why not? Id rather that than regret not doing something. If i decide i done like it i can just take it out.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. I can't ever see a sport defining someone's lifestyle and have never seen it so prevalent in anything else as I've seen in it hockey. That just seems rather boring to me but I realise originality is dead.

What's so "unboring" about piercings?

This isnt something ive done to 'fit in' or 'be cool'. Its just something ive wanted to do for a while now so i thought id try it. It annoys me when people take a look at you and judge you because of things like that.

Then why does one have piercings? I'm just trying to know the reasoning behind it.

It's so true. Unfortunately I'm exposed to this a lot because of the hockey I play. Guys think that just because they play at a high level they're the shit. They all act the same and basically live according to JHB and GSH. It's sad.

That's pretty much what I'm saying.  I can't ever see a sport defining someone's lifestyle and have never seen it so prevalent in anything else as I've seen in it hockey.  That just seems rather boring to me but I realise originality is dead.

Read between the lines. It's not the piercings themselves that aren't boring; it's the fact that hockey players (for the most part) abide by some shitty unwritten code of lifestyle. It's sad.

That's pretty much what I'm saying.  I can't ever see a sport defining someone's lifestyle and have never seen it so prevalent in anything else as I've seen in it hockey.  That just seems rather boring to me but I realise originality is dead.

Read between the lines. It's not the piercings themselves that aren't boring; it's the fact that hockey players (for the most part) abide by some shitty unwritten code of lifestyle. It's sad.

Yes, Mack, but the truth is people take the safe route on both sides, particularly among the young. Many people have claimed they wanted to be different, which they were when measured against the majority, but the reality is they often were still following a group, just a much smaller one.

True lone wolves are very hard to find.

This isnt something ive done to 'fit in' or 'be cool'. Its just something ive wanted to do for a while now so i thought id try it. It annoys me when people take a look at you and judge you because of things like that.

Then why does one have piercings? I'm just trying to know the reasoning behind it.

I just like the look of it. The people i hang around with dont have piercings or anything. I just wanted a change of appearance, and decided with this because i liked the look of it.

Put a bandaid on...

As for the other discussion about the hockey world being boring or not.. It has nothing to do with the hockey world and everything to do with each individual's personal thought on piercings and tatoos. I personally couldn't care less wether or not the people I play with have tattoss, piercings or not. I've seen it all in the dressing rooms. The thing is, people don't usually get tattoos or piercings to be different, they usually do it to follow a trend they like and lets face it, piercings and tattoos are very popular lately and we'll see more and more of them for the next little while.. you only need to walk the street a few minutes or go to the mall to see ladies with their lower back tattooed, necks, upper arm/shoulder, guys with both ears pierced.. if that rocks your boat, good for you I guess ;) I say to eaches own. We don't have to agree or like what we are seeing though but we should at least respect the other person's choice or opinion on the matter..

As for the other discussion about the hockey world being boring or not.. It has nothing to do with the hockey world and everything to do with each individual's personal thought on piercings and tatoos. I personally couldn't care less wether or not the people I play with have tattoss, piercings or not. I've seen it all in the dressing rooms. The thing is, people don't usually get tattoos or piercings to be different, they usually do it to follow a trend they like and lets face it, piercings and tattoos are very popular lately and we'll see more and more of them for the next little while.. you only need to walk the street a few minutes or go to the mall to see ladies with their lower back tattooed, necks, upper arm/shoulder, guys with both ears pierced.. if that rocks your boat, good for you I guess ;) I say to eaches own. We don't have to agree or like what we are seeing though but we should at least respect the other person's choice or opinion on the matter..

Well said.... I think that pretty much says it all.

maybe you can use it to connect the strap from your mouth piece to it since you'll be wearing a visor and not a cage. Then it would be useful for something.

Call me old fashion but I don't see what it is with body piercings and tats.