Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATHTRON

Zherdev

I think it was TSN that reported it while back. He signed a contract with the russian team but it will only be effective if he is not signed by the Jackets until a certain date. Much like Kovalchuk last year I think.

Hopefully the Jackets get him signed, he could certainly score over 30 goals on a line with a healthy Nash and average Fedorov.

Hopefully the Jackets get him signed, he could certainly score over 30 goals on a line with a healthy Nash and average Fedorov.

The issue is that Zherdev wants a multi-year contract. Doug McClean in his infinite stupidity, says that "Zherdev has a lot to prove still." Zherdev has already had two good seasons in the NHL, and is only getting better. It would seem to me that now would be the time to sign him to a multi-year deal to lock him up at a relatively affordable price. With this and the loss of Denis, I thinkit is time for McClean to be done as a GM.

I'd sign him to a 1-1.5 mil type contract for whatever length he wants, if he scores 30 and wants Havlat money then you are somewhat screwed but if he sucks at least you have a great price for one of your top six forwards.

I'd sign him to a 1-1.5 mil type contract for whatever length he wants, if he scores 30 and wants Havlat money then you are somewhat screwed but if he sucks at least you have a great price for one of your top six forwards.

He wants something like $3M a year for 3-4 years.

Some of the things MacLean is saying are very true. Back in 2003-04 Zherdev bolted from Russia and it took a bit to keep him in a Blue Jacket uniform and now he wants to go back??

They still need a C; definitely a good move.

We don't need a centre, we have Gilbert Brule. Zherdev is an important part of the CBJ organisation!!