Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hitz14

shockdoctor hockey bag

Information from Shock Doctor below - they have been very responsive to inquiries:

They are working on the line-up to include lighter, non-roller versions as well. The incredible technology is first and from there we will add more bag products. We view the Power Dry as nothing short of revolutionary for Bacteria killing, drying, sanitizing and de-stinking equipment.

With those features and benefits we also should mention the overall space required to achieve near to same results would be a large room/space, compared to the neat, contained area in our system.

They have been shipping the bags to retailers for about 10 days, and will ship the blowers on/about September 20th.

Keith

anyone try one of these yet? I have, and in 3 hours, my equipment is dry, but still reaks. Does anyone know if it is suppose to deodorize right away? or after a few "washes?"

I have one and have used it for a few weeks - the stuff dries, but doesn't totally erase of the typical smell.

But, my bag/blower were a display model and the blower has died on me. After discussing with Shock Doctor VP of Product Development, it appears that the display model was never really made to work as advertised - more of a demo model to show the concept. The production blowers come out next week - and I have a replacement coming directly from Shock Doctor the first day available.

So, you must have a display as well - it's black? Then you're in the same situation.

well, i got an email from the nice people at shockdoctor, and the blower only omits 8-10 mg of ozone per hour. i dont know if that would be enough to kill anything. now that you mention it, my blower is black, and it probably is the display model.

well, i got an email from the nice people at shockdoctor, and the blower only omits 8-10 mg of ozone per hour. i dont know if that would be enough to kill anything. now that you mention it, my blower is black, and it probably is the display model.

I'm not an ozone expert or anything, but the ones I've been keeping my on eye, on Ebay range from 200-400 mg/hr. Assuming they work half as good as advertised, I'll pursue an ozone in a tub project, similar to the other one that was done here.

well, i got an email from the nice people at shockdoctor, and the blower only omits 8-10 mg of ozone per hour.  i dont know if that would be enough to kill anything.  now that you mention it, my blower is black, and it probably is the display model.

I'm not an ozone expert or anything, but the ones I've been keeping my on eye, on Ebay range from 200-400 mg/hr. Assuming they work half as good as advertised, I'll pursue an ozone in a tub project, similar to the other one that was done here.

Unless you know what you are doing, do not make a homebuilt ozone unit. Residual ozone that you breath can destroy the cells in your lungs in one breath! 200-400mg of ozone will have to be neutralized before you open your "tub". The commercial ozone units have a method of removing residual ozone before the door is opened. Ozone is very dangerous.

The SD unit uses low ozone concentrations that do not affect your health, that's why it takes 3 hrs. Low concentration.

As for removing odors on funky equipment with the sweat smells burnt in, no method can remove that. Only temporary cover-up.

mine was infact a display model. they are going to change mine up as well. it's wonderful news. :)

Yea that is good news. It's quite possible that because it was a display, the corona discharge bulb was burnt out from continuous use while on display. Could you smell ozone (sweet smell, just like that's in the air after a thunderstorm)?

After discussing with Shock Doctor VP of Product Development, it appears that the display model was never really made to work as advertised - more of a demo model to show the concept.

Demo or not, I would be pissed that a store would sell me something that wasn't supposed to work as advertised. If it really isn't supposed to work, the store should know that. Evidently the manufacturer did. Whether the fault lies with the store for not recognizing that the demo doesn't work, or with the manufacturer for not properly informing the store is another issue, but somewhere someone dropped the ball.

After discussing with Shock Doctor VP of Product Development, it appears that the display model was never really made to work as advertised - more of a demo model to show the concept.

Demo or not, I would be pissed that a store would sell me something that wasn't supposed to work as advertised. If it really isn't supposed to work, the store should know that. Evidently the manufacturer did. Whether the fault lies with the store for not recognizing that the demo doesn't work, or with the manufacturer for not properly informing the store is another issue, but somewhere someone dropped the ball.

Agreed....but from what I gather, it was an honest mistake that was handled just fine.

I was the one who sold him the bag.

I received the sign in one box and the bag/blower in another box. When it showed up from my warehouse it was tagged.

I agree with you though - it should've specified that it was a display model, not an actual working bag. That being said, they are taking care of it.

As for removing odors on funky equipment with the sweat smells burnt in, no method can remove that.  Only temporary cover-up.

For those in the know, what is the "claim" or intended functionality of the system with regard to odors? Which of the following is closest:

1. The funked up smell of well used equipment will be eliminated or greatly reduced.

2. If you use the system with brand new, not yet funky equipment, the stink will never develop.

3. If you use the system with brand new, not yet funky equipment, it will slow the funkification process and limit the ultimate stink.

If it's anything other than #1., I think a lot of people will be disappointed in their purchase.

I agree...it's #3 - it helps, but isn't 100% perfect. I find that just the bag is ok for letting things dry. The way the bag un-zips on the sides, it's almost like taking the stuff out and letting it dry. I found that using the blower, then when finished opening the bag up to air dry, my stuff was dryer faster.

Does anyone know how I can find out if there is a Minneapolis, MN SaniSport service provider?

email steve@dulpiskate.com and he can direct you to the nearest sanisport.

You're right. It will sanitize it but not eliminate. This is why Sani-Sport uses tea tree oil. The ozone isn't going to make it smell good.

True. NOTHING, repeat NOTHING can remove burnt in sweat odors. If your equipment has not been taken properly care of, buying a SD bag will not magically solve the odor problem.. What it will do is kill the bacteria that is causing the foul odors, and that's the key. The Sani-sport uses ozone, but also tea tree oil as JR mentioned. The tea oil is a natual bacteriacide and the sani-sport fogs and coats the equipment with a layer that keeps new bacteria from forming. The sani-sport also uses a cherry coke smelling bacteriacide that is sprayed on contact areas to also shield the equipment from new bacteria. Bacteria causes odors. If I was using a SD bag, I would also spray my equipment with a bacteriacide like OT or funk free. The key to the SD bag is that the equipment is dried. Since wet equipment breeds more bacteria, the drying process alone is working for you. More bacteria = foul odors. Less bacteria=less odors. The ozone part kills existing bacteria. Less bacteria = less odors, less rashes, less staf infections.

i wanted to add that the customer service at shockdoctor has been amazing. I got my blower traded out. You KNOW if you have a display model if there are no stickers on it (warning stickers). I have a skate tonight, and will use it right after, and provide my expert smelling analyst right after.