Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atheadrick

Nike Swift Olympic Hockey Socks

JR, when you report back on these socks, could you supply a BETTER pic? I was thinking more along the lines of the one BK posted!

:o She wants a better view of your "swift" :D

Okay, I have just been informed by my source of the socks that they are indeed backwards...the white part is in the back of the leg...LOL...I feel like a dumbass...new pics tomorrow...

Okay, I have just been informed by my source of the socks that they are indeed backwards...the white part is in the back of the leg...LOL...I feel like a dumbass...new pics tomorrow...

We have a little saying when something like this happens:

WHEEYYY!!

The only swift thing is the socks?  LOL

Laugh it up...

Oh I am… any way you look at it, these socks are determined to quickly bring you to your knees…

It’s ok JR, don’t sweat it…LOL… I wanted new pics anyways!

MUST HOLD COMMENTS....

Sigh.. Looks like you stretched a big red condom over your leg.. Better protection? Sure.. Even the toughest hockey players can catch some weird stuff playing around on strange ice.. ROFL!!!.. I wonder if they will make them in magnum size?.. lol.

k... I restrained myself and kept my tasteless puns to a minimum :)

Edit: Joke all I want.. I will proabably drop a few bucks and get a pair when they go retail. I'm a sellout. <_<

Almost looks like no need for tape/straps/sleeve. What about the top? Do you still need to use a garter or velcro to hold them up? How long are they?

Now that I put them on the right way, they come up just fine. Figured out why there is one velcro tab - because of the mesh in the back. The sock sticks to velcro just fine.

Ugly, ugly, ugly, in any color scheme. The reservoir tip is a nice touch, though.

Ugly maybe, but functional? I think that's the point of the different style, it's not really about style. :D

And I'm staying FAR away from the rest of your comment.

Updating this thread -

Gave them a shot in Windsor last week.

Like everyone expected, it is a workout putting these on. Time will tell if they are easier as I use them more. On the ice, they felt great, but the main problem I was having with them is that they don't work with Velcro tabs. There is one Velcro tab but it is too high on the sock. I think they would work better with a garter belt, especially in the back.

I did not fall in the game, but I tried to slide on them before the game, and there is a definite learning curve with these as you pretty much pick up speed.