Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grinder

Team Websites

I've wound up taking on the task of creating and maintaining a website for my house league. We don't take ourselves particularly seriously, but it's the best way to pass on admin points, standings, and the schedule. I'm staring at a blank screen without the slightest creative thought at the moment. I'd appreciate some links to other league or team websites for some inspiration. Got a good one? Lets see it!

And yes, I'll post a link to the finished product this weekend (-ish).

We don't take ourselves particularly seriously, but it's the best way to pass on admin points, standings, and the schedule

If you just want something basic check this site out:

http://www.statspro.com/Statspro/index.asp

Oour men's league uses it just to post scores, schedules, and information. Nothing fancy but it works.

Here is the site for the league I play in:

http://www.statspro.com/hockey/kcmahl/inde...p?League_No=371

Our rink just set up the pointstreak system and it's not bad.

The only bad thing about Pointstreak is that if they use the paper system, it can be really slow to get the scores/stats in. Especially if you play a game right before a holiday weekend, sometimes the scores won't show up (it'll just say "Data Pending") for a week or so.

Other than that, it's pretty good; good stats, good schedules, and a pretty simple interface.

The only bad thing about Pointstreak is that if they use the paper system, it can be really slow to get the scores/stats in. Especially if you play a game right before a holiday weekend, sometimes the scores won't show up (it'll just say "Data Pending") for a week or so.

Other than that, it's pretty good; good stats, good schedules, and a pretty simple interface.

They enter the info live during the game

That would be an issue with your rink, not the Pointstreak system.

One way or the other, someone is going to have to enter the info into the computer to get it online. Why would the rink be anymore likely to update their website vs pointstreak? Especially over a holiday weekend as you mentioned?