Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stix04

Synthesis Vs. R2 Xn10

Tapered Shaft/ Blade combo do u prefare?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm looking for a tapered shaft+ blade combo, but i need a wood blade, so wat do you guys like out of these 4, and if there's any other combo's u like, feel free to post.

I have the R2xn10 with a hybrid synthesis blade. I have the whip flex and was worried when flexing that it was too whippy, but it does not feel that way when you shoot. Puck feel is pretty decent. Just need a different curve now, with the flex and a Drury curve my shots tend to sail over the net.

I love my R2 XN10. It's really light and with a wood blade it well be really well balanced. I'm using a whip flex right now so I get tons of punch on wristers, and it doesn't torque. I love this shaft.

i chose the synthesis with the hybrid synthesis blade...i have it now and its sick

that hybrid synth blade broke at the hossel in one slap, brand new too.

id go with xn10 r2 + Tflex wood or tflex grafite

I love my R2 XN10. It's really light and with a wood blade it well be really well balanced. I'm using a whip flex right now so I get tons of punch on wristers, and it doesn't torque. I love this shaft.

I would think the wood blade would make the combination blade heavy, unless it`s one of those pro tapered wood blades, or a pro blade shaved down. Thants what Id did with a pro t-flex to fit into a Novius shaft and the balance is pretty good for a wood blade.

I'm using a synthesis with an R2 wood blade right now, pretty solid combo but there is definately better stuff out there. Only reason im using it is because it was given to me.

I am sorry if this has been asked already. Why does Easton make a int. tapered blade while companies like TPS dont, I might get a Synthesis Intermediate so if I get it will it only accept int. taperd blades or will I be able to fit a tapered R2 senior blade into an Intermediate synthesis.

Not sure if it will accept other companies blades, but the idea is to make corner you into buying only Easton blades. Or at least thats how I see it.

This is a little off topic question....but all the R2's I have seen have 'sloppy' walls - the sides walls appear to be different widths all the way around. When you look at other shafts, TPS RL included, by Easton, Bauer, Inno, etc...the wall widths at the base of the shaft are the same size. Are the R2 XN10 walls the same width all the way around or do they have varying widths like the R2. Would different wall widths even affect durability? Thanks