Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FatAndSlow

Bauer gloves

Read in a previous topic that Bauer gloves are pretty snug, which is what I'm looking for. I was wondering if Bauer gloves (XX,XV, One 70s) retain their "snugness" over time or do they begin to stretch out and become loose?

Put them in a mesh laundry bag and throw them in the washer!

The most effective way, I have found, is to also disinfect prior to washing.

Spray with lysol, let dry, repeat, and again (for really stinky gloves).

Either let dry and then wash, or just wait for about 5 minutes and then throw them in. The gloves will smell better for about two weeks to a month.

That is my experience, but I have heard that it may be bad for the stitching in the gussets. Oh well.

Wash gloves.....this is sacreledge and you all know it! ;)

I have owned and used for a long period both XV and XX models. Using the XX's atm and they have to be one of the best gloves I have ever owned. They protect well and yes yes yes, they are also nice and snug which is what I like too. I also tried on a pair of my mate's new ONE90's last night. Im very impressed with how snug they were on the key areas on the fingers and knuckles. Was not impressed however with how stiff they were. Allot stiffer than my XX's when they were fresh off the shelf. Maybe this has something to do with the EXO-Skeleton stuff on them?

huh?

I dont know if its personal preference, but I would never put my gloves in a washing machine. I ruined my first pair of gloves doing that. After they dryed, the palms felt like jerky. I had to soak my palms before every game/practice in order for them to at least be usable.

I guess I got lucky; both pairs of gloves that I decided to wash came out fine. The Vapor XX's did loosen up a bit, but that is no longer an issue, as I sold them on eBay. The Eagle's that I got from the rep, a pair of X70's, have been through the wash multiple times as well. The only problem is the gusset stitching coming out, which I think is partly to blame on poor craftsmanship on my particular pair.

I can see why it is bad, though. Meh... whatever smells good.