Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

How good of a deal is this?

i saw that the other day. I was going to get them and put another pair of alloy's on them, but then i would have 3 pairs of skates. $169 is a great deal, but the only problem with the skates is the holders/steel

he just said he didnt have the money to burn he said he only has 175,and if they fit your foot well then yes i would go with them and put the tuuks you have laying around on them because razor blade steel sucks. there great skates for 175 i dont know if you want to buy them though if you dont have the tuuks because you would be very disapointed in razor blade steel.

I would say the best deal on that site the Bauer Classic Golds. Absoloutly sick skates if they fit your foot, and what a steal for that price. Actually the Bauer 2000's for $40 is a sweet deal too, I'm thinking about getting a pair of those.

yeah thats another one 2000's for only 40 bucks is a great deal.the thing about the z-air comp's is dont get them just because there cheap and look cool,get them because they fit your foot right.

no, different blades have different shapes, that's why you can't just put some tuuk custom blades on razor blades. it has to do with the way the blade is mounted

i dont believe other steels will fit in the razor blade holders.because they have the 2 screws in the bottom that holds the steel in i dont think others steels will fit in there right....

some holders you can actually put in different steel i believe,but not with the razor blades like i said in the post before because of those 2 screws that are supposed to hold the steel in.

I'm just curious...for everyone that says they dislike the Razor Bladz and parabolic steel, have you ACTUALLY skated on them for any length of time? I'm not talking one or two or five skates. I mean some duration.

I've been skating on them for almost two years now...haven't had a single steel break, haven't had a single screw come loose, and I think they definitely have a more sensitive feel then with the Tuuks. I feel the ice much better with them. I wouldn't be so quick to degrade them...and more and more of our pros are just leaving them on the skates. In the past, a large portion of the players removed them because the equipment managers didn't want to keep extra tools around just in case, the Tuuks were so mainstream, but days are-a-changin.

My only experiences with the Easton holders have been via players I've coached or friends that used them. Every one of them has had steel bend and/or break. Every one of them who has used Easton skates has had that problem and none of them were 03 or 04 models.

I have heard that these problems have been fixed on 03-04 models with the Razor Bladz II package. Has anyone else heard the same?

I used Razor Blades and Razor BladesII. I broke sets of steel on both of these holders. The only difference i noticed with the Razor Blade II holders is the screws were smaller.

i have skated on razor blades for a whole season actually and they were junk,i had several blades break right where those screws are and they dont hold a edge for shit. and jr. im pretty sure no company would sue you little lone know you changed the steel. ive seen it done with a pair of lightspeeds not using tuuk steel and it still fit in the holder....

If I'm not mistaken, the screws are finally serviceable from both sides.

THe only thing I've noticed is that the center part of the holder caves in. I think that area should be a little more reinforced. However, with the Parabolic cutout in the blade, there's nothing to support it.