Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gokings55

Wicked 1's in stock

oh really.. just for that im gonna buy them.. nah im kidding.. idk man the wicked lites were one of the best skates made ever! With new technology i have high expectations. I held them at narch and they had good stiffness and were light as hell. I personally love the looks of the 3s

oh really.. just for that im gonna buy them.. nah im kidding.. idk man the wicked lites were one of the best skates made ever! With new technology i have high expectations. I held them at narch and they had good stiffness and were light as hell. I personally love the looks of the 3s

Did you hold the 1s and 3s? How much was the weight difference and stiffness? Worth the $100 difference?

Who ever buys that skate is a fool

You look like a fool for making a ignorant comment like that....You have to think to yourself, does my comment have anything beneficial to add to the topic? Nope? I guess I should stay out of it

Who ever buys that skate is a fool

You look like a fool for making a ignorant comment like that....You have to think to yourself, does my comment have anything beneficial to add to the topic? Nope? I guess I should stay out of it

I agree..

I think this is an amazing move by mission. They are taking the best roller skate of all time, and improving it. Wicked Lites are near impossible to find in the wild. I dont even play roller and I know that the wicked lite line was the best roller skate ever made.

if we had rolleraround here i would definately have considered these...

but i recently got a pair of the old wickeds from a friend for free!!

why is it a bad idea for people to buy these skates??

what better inline skate will come out this season?

96- sorry for the late responce.. i did hold both.. i didnt notice much of a difference.. stiffness is similar but the wicked 1s are supposed to be 10.9 and the 3s are 9.7? (hope i got that right) but they seemed to be almost equaly as light.. im sure justin has the actual weight but i couldnt tell

96- sorry for the late responce.. i did hold both.. i didnt notice much of a difference.. stiffness is similar but the wicked 1s are supposed to be 10.9 and the 3s are 9.7? (hope i got that right)  but they seemed to be almost equaly as light.. im sure justin has the actual weight but i couldnt tell

Thanks, CSW. I ordered them today from Epuck. The guy that helped me was nice enough to go into the warehouse and pull out both skates for a comparisson. According to him, they were both quite similar in weight, with the 1s being slightly lighter. The 1s were noticeably stiffer though. The 3s were stiff, but the 1s felt like "They would hold up a long, long time".

Because every time a company comes out with new skates, usually they dont offer a whole lot more then last models, and at $500?

Ok, sure youve got me at the best skate ever being re-born part. But where Im coming from is that I dont think the top models are worth $500. The past series didnt seem to improve a hole lot more each time. The D1's, D1c's, Heliums, 10.000's

Every single time the top model is set at $450-$500. They get you every time.

Yeah but then of course you get he whole effect of being able to say for a few months that you have the latest and top of the line to all the other kids in the Horseshoe line. ;-)

Seriously but, bang for buck the Wicked 3's are where its at! And in the old school Mission orange as well. If nothing can top it I will probably be buying this with a set of Spungs in Dec. Only thing that is going to shit me about these is the Micro Bearings....they are not gonna last very long with what I will put them through.

Because every time a company comes out with new skates, usually they dont offer a whole lot more then last models, and at $500?

Ok, sure youve got me at the best skate ever being re-born part. But where Im coming from is that I dont think the top models are worth $500. The past series didnt seem to improve a hole lot more each time. The D1's, D1c's, Heliums, 10.000's

Every single time the top model is set at $450-$500. They get you every time.

The 10K's last year were leaps and bounds better than the previous several years for Mission, and I suspect the Wicked 1's are along those same lines. As far as the price tag goes, it's entirely on the individual. I personally don't mind the $500 tag the 10K's carried and will look at these to see if they are indeed worth my money, because the 10K's were the best fit for me when compared to any other brand. Inflation does suck, and I really miss when a BYO skate setup totalling $400 used to make me balk at the price, but it is what it is and it will probably only get more expensive as a sport as time goes on.

Yeah but then of course you get he whole effect of being able to say for a few months that you have the latest and top of the line to all the other kids in the Horseshoe line. ;-)

Seriously but, bang for buck the Wicked 3's are where its at! And in the old school Mission orange as well. If nothing can top it I will probably be buying this with a set of Spungs in Dec. Only thing that is going to shit me about these is the Micro Bearings....they are not gonna last very long with what I will put them through.

i loved the old school mission stuff with orange, mission definately loves to step out of the box and i like them for thatt

Just a quick note in terms of costing....Many pieces of a hockey skate are petroleum based...Take a look at the cost of Gas and you will see the same increases we are facing..Add in the increase in cost of labor in China (yes it is cheaper than the US or Canada), factories changing from 6 day work weeks to 5 day, and the week US dollar and you will see why costs have gone up...

Also, all these new light weight materials are much more expensive than some of the traditional materials used in the past...Did you know that a Magnessium Chassis cost 3x as much as a regular chassis?

Finally, remember when the High End Roller skates retailed for $599-$699? Wicked Lights cost this back in the day...In reality, our $199 skates now, have better features than skates costing double from years past.

I could go into more detail, but I think you get the point...