Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Ziggy Palffy

Not at all, I find that water hockey to look extremely gay. Gay to the point that Greg Louganis would see a game in progress and go "That's too gay, let's go get a mimosa and watch Thai boys wrestle in mud."

I think Chadd was refering the Hamster guy's linked article with his "beleive everything you read" comment.

Regardless, yes swimming is great for rehabing, and yes water hockey is the preferred sport of butt pirates.

There, I said it.

Not at all, I find that water hockey to look extremely gay.  Gay to the point that Greg Louganis would see a game in progress and go "That's too gay, let's go get a mimosa and watch Thai boys wrestle in mud."

I think Chadd was refering the Hamster guy's linked article with his "beleive everything you read" comment.

Regardless, yes swimming is great for rehabing, and yes water hockey is the preferred sport of butt pirates.

There, I said it.

ahoyyy mayteeee brown eye dead ahead!

Baggage like...being arguably the most talented player ever? Yeah, he doesn't have that baggage.

No player has ever whined more then Lemieux did in his career. Although you can't say he didn't have heart, he beat cancer. He wasn't the toughest of players on the ice. Constantly starting scraps just to have a tough guy handle his business. Crosby is following in his footsteps quite nicely...

Baggage like...being arguably the most talented player ever?  Yeah, he doesn't have that baggage.

No player has ever whined more then Lemieux did in his career. Although you can't say he didn't have heart, he beat cancer. He wasn't the toughest of players on the ice. Constantly starting scraps just to have a tough guy handle his business. Crosby is following in his footsteps quite nicely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2J9CGrhTE

It seems he can handle himself if he wanted to. Although the last one is pretty bad.

Baggage like...being arguably the most talented player ever?  Yeah, he doesn't have that baggage.

It seems he can handle himself if he wanted to. Although the last one is pretty bad.

dont mess with people that have long arms :P

lemieux was by no means a fighter - or even a player that plays with an edge,

but i sure wouldnt want to piss him off

The first fight vs Gary Lupul...any relation to Geoffrey Lupul? I know he comes from money in the Edmonton area, but I didn't know he had family that played in the NHL.

Were any of those guys over 6'? I did notice they left out the one where he got dropped with one punch around 91 or so.

Not at all, I find that water hockey to look extremely gay. Gay to the point that Greg Louganis would see a game in progress and go "That's too gay, let's go get a mimosa and watch Thai boys wrestle in mud."

Hey Mack, bite me. I usually find you funny but your little personal attacks on me for a comment I made on another post are uncalled for

So you believe everything you read?

Many sources have reported his shoulder injuries. I'm just surprise you're doubting all those sources and seem to believe another unkonw source saying he's working out and getting back to shape to make a come back. And believing the guy who said he quit Pittsburgh cause they did nothing to win after going all out on the UFA market is not much better either in my opinion. If it's really the case then he must be bitting his fingers as of know as the Pens have been doing well this season but I still believe he retired because of shoulder problems. And if you stop and think about it for a bit, no player retires because his team sucks, they ask for a trade instead.

Palffy thought he was joining a playoff team, Craig Patrick had put together a pretty good roster (we all thought). When it was clear the team was headed towards sucksville again he jumped ship, claiming a bad shoulder which I do believe he had. He used that injury as his excuse to bail on th team. Since Palffy quit on the team, Craig Patrick and Ed Olczyk were let go, replaced by Therien and Ray Shero who have a done an outstanding job of salvaging the franchise. Its possible that Palffy sees the silver lining and would like to return to Pittsburgh now that the franchise is on the upswing, or possibly he just wants to return to the NHL with another team. Either way if Palffy is to suite up again it MUST be in a Penguins jersey unless the Pens trade his rights.

It is common knowledge that Recchi and possibly to a lesser extent Palffy had "words" behind the scenes in the locker room with Crosby. I HIGHLY doubt a professional hockey player would walk out on a multimillion dollar contract just because he did not like a team mate. If that was the case im surprised LA still has a team with Sean Avery around.

That goal was nuts. he really is Lemiuex-like. Without the baggage of Lemiuex. I love this guy as a player.

hodgekin's lymphoma is baggage these days? Jeeze, I would have considered it an unfortunate terminal illness...

Where do you think he'll go. That's kind of a cheap shot to Pittsburgh. What happened he just left one day?

Other then it was painfully obvious they were tanking the season? Its not like they've had a long storied tradition of winning with underachievers.. They've built up a decent team this year through the draft, that usually happens when you completely tank for 4 years.

As to where he'll go? Again it'll have to be next season but its pretty obvious so far that Philly and Colorado are having major problems in terms of goal scoring. I wouldn't mind him on the Wings either.

You're actually very, very, very wrong... Ziggy had some very personal issues that came up involving his family.