Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekdawg

Prostock Warrior Dolomites

Your not alone with the phone call from Hockey Monkey regarding the Kovalchuk sticks...cancelled my order as well, pissed me off... IF ANYONE has access to one or two of these Kovalchuk pro return Dolomites (or is even willing to sell one they bought that they might not want or don't like  :rolleyes: ) from their local store (sounds like there are quite a few rolling around in Ontario) and they would be willing to pick one or two of em up...I would be willing to toss a few extra bucks there way for grabbing them for me!  :D  Would need them shipped to western canada...obviously would pay for that too....thanks in advance for anyone who would help....PM me, will check my inbox every 4 or 5 waking hours...

i may try to convince them to give me a regular dolo at the pro stock price. i dunno. i'm just kinda pissed they're actually trying to lie & tell me the pattern doesn't exist.

Unless you can pull an Obi-Wan on them, enjoy the rejection.

Unless you can pull an Obi-Wan on them, enjoy the rejection.

it's worth a try. i spend an unhealthy amount of money on hockey gear. like probably $1500 since july so far. thats what i get for playing goalie & foward. i want to convince them that losing my business is a big deal.

That but also what are you going to contend with them? That they're uninformed about what patterns actually exist? The only way I can see a claim holding any water is if you were actually charged for a product you saw listed on the website and then received a different product.

That but also what are you going to contend with them? That they're uninformed about what patterns actually exist? The only way I can see a claim holding any water is if you were actually charged for a product you saw listed on the website and then received a different product.

all i'm trying to tell them is that clearly the pattern does exist, & all the specs they had listed for it were accurate, so to try & tell people it's a typo is asinine.

my guess is either someone there realized how many people wanted them & decided to sell them for more elsewhere, or they just sold out & don't want to admit it for some odd reason.

All they would do is "okay, you're right it does exist." That'd be the best-case scenario. Who knows why they claimed that the pattern didn't exist other than sheer ignorance on that particular person's part that you spoke to.

Maybe they got a list of specs from Warrior of sticks they were to receive and then it didn't come thru. Who knows, but there's nothing they have to do on their end for anyone at this point.

All they would do is "okay, you're right it does exist." That'd be the best-case scenario. Who knows why they claimed that the pattern didn't exist other than sheer ignorance on that particular person's part that you spoke to.

Maybe they got a list of specs from Warrior of sticks they were to receive and then it didn't come thru. Who knows, but there's nothing they have to do on their end for anyone at this point.

arguing is free. i just want an honest answer :shrug: :)

Well no problem in that. Who knows, their answer might be (and should be) "Sorry, we're Hockey Monkey. We're idiots."

Well no problem in that. Who knows, their answer might be (and should be) "Sorry, we're Hockey Monkey. We're idiots."

maybe they are actually run by a bunch of monkeys :huh: :o

can anyone who has ordered these comment ont he lies? that chart reminds me of the whacked lies they put on the retail stuff. can anyone confirm the lies on the chart, or relate them to other manufacturers?

Well I can't comment on this batch they have but the first batch they said they had in were incorrect. For the patterns I did know it was at least 1.5-2 lower than the actual lie.

so anyway, whoever got my email at hockeymonkey just left me a voicemail asking to call them back & gave me their extension. they probably just want me to pick a different prostock shaft. which i don't want. oh well. i'm supprised they responded at all.

Just got back from my local National Sports. They've got 3 Kovalchuks (One which im very interested in at the moment), around 10 Fedorovs and abour 30 Schaeffers - good luck seeling them -

this is the "toe hook" Kovalchuk btw

Just got back from my local National Sports. They've got 3 Kovalchuks (One which im very interested in at the moment), around 10 Fedorovs and abour 30 Schaeffers - good luck seeling them -

pics? and if you can get another i'm very interested

i picked up the "banana" curve one that is usually posted, last one and it has the old weave pattern not checker board, popped the tab and it says 1110 t1 so i guess this one is real.

quick question for the guys that got one of the pro return dolomites off hockeymonkey. was it infact a dolomite/1100 or was it one of the lower end sticks painted like a dolomite?

thanks

would i be crazy to drive 10 hours to pick one of these up? :o

to the average human? yes. To the fine hockey players and gear whores on MSH? No. ;) But if you're gonna do this, I suggest you pick up two to make it worth while.

Round trip or each way? ;)

each way. i'm the southeast most part of new york.

think someone should tell hockeymonkey about this? unless of course it is them, they're even using the same text & pics to sell this, at a much higher price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warrior-Dolomite-Pro-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

jeez, same seller

$74 for Jr pants?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mission-He950-Jr-Inlin...oQQcmdZViewItem

i wonder if he actually stocks any of this, or just lists what websites have on clearance for higher prices, then orders it & ships it to them. it's his right to do so, of course. just seems kinda...wrong?

sorry to bring up an old topic but I bought some Ray Whitney pro stock Dolomites off hockeymonkey and I just looked on the inside of the shaft and it said VAPOR 15. would these be re-painted vapors made for Whitney?