Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juice_Slowjamz

The Mighty Duck

actually that's "turtling" and illegal..for the reasons self evident...You can duck under a hit, but you cannot get down to where your knee(s) touch(es) the ice.

The problem is he ducked to his knees. That is gutless and just as bad if not worse and more dangerous then cross checking him in the head. When that happens grow a set and go with the guy. No need to play their game. From my experience these "head hunters" never actually are "head hunting" they just hit a ton of people clean. Chances are that one play was more dirty then everything that other guy did all night. lol sorry i ahd to get it out. Cause that is just gutless lol ill admit i laughed pretty hard tho.

That was a pussy move. Either man up, take the hit and try to beast the guy or try to skate around him. That's how people get seriously injured. Weak.

at least he kept the puck. I've seen guys bail and duck to their knees like that and just leave the puck.

A little funny, but 50-60% of the time someone does that, the guy that hits the boards headfirst gets seriously injured, and I seriously doubt that the kid was headhunting him all game.

The biggest pussy on the ice is the kid who made the pass - the puck took two seconds to get from the dot to the G.D. blue line. Slowest pass ever. Kid need to grow a pair.

wow that kid could have seriously injured his neck going in headfirst like that and then the other kid went and celebrated :huh: there are other more effective ways to dodge checks that isnt one

Any ref care to share some insight on this? I don't see why this is illegal... If the hitter was going for a clean hit, his shoulder hits the boards first, not his head. If he gets injured on something like that, its his own fault for hitting like he did.

agreed the celebration was retarded, but as long as the player did not takeout the guys legs I have no problem with what he did. It looks more like the player in white took an out of control leap at the guy.

Yup, He definetly left his feet as he tried to check the puck carrier.

Looks like headhunting to me and charging on top of that.

He didn't leave his feet until he made contact with the kid - his legs were taken out from under him - and I don't think there is a ref in his right (or wrong, for that matter) mind who would call that a charge - his feet were set, and I don't think it counts as charging if one can crawl faster than they were traveling at the time of the hit.

He didn't leave his feet until he made contact with the kid - his legs were taken out from under him - and I don't think there is a ref in his right (or wrong, for that matter) mind who would call that a charge - his feet were set, and I don't think it counts as charging if one can crawl faster than they were traveling at the time of the hit.

Hmm

After watching that vid again and few more times, it does look like his feet are taken out from under him.

He kinda trips over the guy ducking and that causes him to bend at the waist and he hits the boards oddly.

Yea, we defintely need a refs opinion on this.

tripping at least since he takes the guy out below the knees. I think it's a bitch move. If he hips him, fine, but to go down on 1 knee is gutless.

Ducking is fine but getting to the point where you are at his knees is showing flat out intent to injure. Cheap move.

That was going to be a clean and legal check, the penalty goes to the guy who ducked. It's two minutes for tripping unless the guy is hurt, then it's 5 and a game.

Intent to injure...

If I were the ref, I would take the kid's skates away and tell him that he would never again be allowed in any building which I ever had or will occupy. What Kovalev did to Tucker was hillarious - what that kid did was something I would expect to see on a soccer field.

Intent to injure...

If I were the ref, I would take the kid's skates away and tell him that he would never again be allowed in any building which I ever had or will occupy. What Kovalev did to Tucker was hillarious - what that kid did was something I would expect to see on a soccer field.

I dont think you'd be reffing very long.

Intent to injure...

If I were the ref, I would take the kid's skates away and tell him that he would never again be allowed in any building which I ever had or will occupy.  What Kovalev did to Tucker was hillarious - what that kid did was something I would expect to see on a soccer field.

No, that would be 5 and game (plus a 30 day suspension) no matter what. Options on a trip are 2 or 5. The 5 and game is an option on any penalty that results in an injury and is different from the 2 or 5 options.

like the guy was saying, guy was running around to hurt people...

Hitting should be used to gain an advantage on the puck, not to take a guy out....

That guy had no regard for the puck, dus he ate the board...

I'm not saying the guy who ducked was right but if you try to get an advantage by checking to pick up the puck that does not happen...

The main reason guys get hurt all the time in the nhl is that guys are trying to stop your progression with a hit, guys like Phaneuf do this all the time and it should be a penality because they have no regard for the puck, in the old days, guys tried to get the puck by hitting...