Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

changing a lie

is there anyway to change the lie on a stick? i use a 6.5 lie, and there is no OPS in that lie and they only have one in a 7. is there anything i can do?

Not a custom blade, he's looking for an OPS. Anyway, I don't think .5 in lie is much different.

If I remember correctly, each full lie is 2.0 degrees so a .5 change in lie is a full degree. I have major problems with a 5.5 but a 5 is useable for me.

This site does have a good explanation.

http://www.bbsticks.com/liedetector.htm

anyway to do this without spending 19.95 :o :o

great idea tho (the lie detector) anyone have one.

It should be cheaper, i man your only gonna use it once or twice

Lay your stick on a piece of paper, trace a line down the shaft and using a straight edge draw a straight line along the center of the rocker of the blade, until it intersects. Then buy a 50 cent protractor at Staples and measure it.

is there anyway to change the lie on a stick? i use a 6.5 lie, and there is no OPS in that lie and they only have one in a 7. is there anything i can do?

why dont you tell us what youre thinking of doing, and we will tell you why it wont work...

Guest 2048

something lower. if that's a 6.5, a 6 or even a 5.5.

Edit: keep in mind, it's kind of hard to tell without knowing what you're wearing out b/c we can't know if that's how you hold it on ice.

if you wear the toe, use a 1-1.5" longer sick, if you use it like the picture shows, get a lower lie, or cut the stick shorter. if that blade is a PL71 copy like thwy say it is, its reallya 5.5 lie. peca is not even close to a 7

The way your stick is in that pic is not how it should be to measure it. the center of the blade should be flat on the ground, not the heel. If you're wearing out the mid toe on that you either need an absurdly high lie or your stick is far too short.

Really? I had a pronger which is suppose to be a 6, and now i have a peca which is suppose to be a 7 and I found my stickhandling got a bit crappier. I cut both sticks to my chin. I plan on going back to a 6 lie.