Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leafsrule1

2004 SyNergy Line

I have heard alot of hype about the 2004 synergy stick line, yes i did use the search but my answer wasn't answered, and have the 2004 sticks (synergy,sicore,synthesis) come out with the therma tec and 20 carbon fiber wraps (thanks Racer 8 see i did search ;), or have they already? And when i do find out how will i tell the difference will it say "New therma tec" or something like that?

thanks

The only easily discernable difference I saw in the '04 Synthesis comp. blades is the clear glue instead of '03's unpopular hot-melt grey goo-- I mean glue. The ones I saw had the pattern name printed in big letters on the tenon under the clear glue. I didn't see any mention of Thermatec though. And I suppose you can always look at the weight of the Synergy OPS (450 grams vs. 455 or 460) to tell if it's '04.

I'm still wanting to know what Therma-Tec is.

Also, another thing - how can you add more layers of carbon fibre to the stick and not have an increased weight?

Hmm...

My stealth has a little thing on the front that says Thermatec a bit above the blade, so i would think that the Synergy's would also have a mention of it.

JR....KEVLAR KEVLAR KEVLAR!

DUH!

nah, I've always thought easton's weight numbers are off, I've yet to play with an 04 synergy, so I have no clue if it's a noticed difference.

i think the theory was that they reduced the amount of graphite in the top 2/3 of the stick, and put some extra in the bottom 1/3 where most slashing/breaking takes place. dont ask, this is how it was explained to me.

P.S. If the almighty INNO had a process called Therma Tec, you all be creaming your jeans, and labeling it the best thing since flushing toilets

I'm actually an easton guy, though I did used to have an 1100 back in the day, like 2000, the only one-piece I've used with regularity is a synergy. I just think when something new comes out from easton, they talk as though they're re-inventing the wheel.

To add the new Synthesis blades also have the name on the tennon rather than the hosel, in addition to the removal of the Hot melt glue, which I actually kind've liked.

That makes sense.

I'm not bashing them - I'm just curious to know what Therma-Tec is. That explanation is vague as hell.

im not entirely sure if thats what therma tec is, i just heard that graphite thing when the rep came to town

i think its a new manufacturing way they make the sticks and it adds 20% more durablity to the blade, and 15% more to the shaft, or vice versa.

Maybe they just went back to the same design for the 2002 sticks and thought up a new marketing name.

I hope so anyway, those sticks were tough!

well, obviously therma-tec is a technology (tec) that has to do with heat (therma)

as for the extra layers of carbon fibre, maybe they have thinner layers? or they use less resin