Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shuweiyu16

Buy skates at LHS VS. Buying Online

i don't see how anyone can be offended by jimmy's actions...maybe they've never worked retail? the customer wanted to con him!

i used to work in a guitar shop, and had to deal with that ALL the time, mostly thanks to guitar center/musicians friend. yeah, you can save $10 on that item, but you have to wait in line for an hour listening to idiots play enter sandman over and over and over. just like you can save $30 on skates, and receive completely un-square edges and burned blades as a bonus. sometimes you can see where they royally screw up cross-grinding and take wayyyy too much off the toe.

now i work in a LHS (albeit a pretty unstocked, terrible one) and i definitely would be pissed off if i heard that. we do our best to try to help and there are bonuses. but there are some other shops around here where they don't help much at all, or sharpen poorly, etc...i can understand the argument for buying online in that case:

lack of service at LHS vs lack of service online for a lot cheaper - online wins.

but good service at LHS vs lack of service online for a lot cheaper - no question, go with LHS.

personally, since we hardly have anything in stock, if i can't order an item for myself, i'll go to hockey giant in anaheim to buy skates. i do have a closer LHS but they don't have much in stock and are actually less helpful, and more rude. i help myself though till i find the skates that fit, and i wouldn't let them take those things within a 10 ft radius of their sharpener!

Trust is a two-way street - just like honesty.

I'm begining to think that today's generation has no concept of trust, honesty, and ethics. Please tell me I'm WRONG.

Trust is a two-way street - just like honesty.

I'm begining to think that today's generation has no concept of trust, honesty, and ethics. Please tell me I'm WRONG.

Yah. We all demand it, and bitch when we don't get it, but aren't willing to give it... :(

In my example, it was the father teaching the son.

I know, but I was making a general observation from similar topics and not just this thread.

ive said this many times before, and it appears it may be time to say it again.... "support your local hockey store, or you won't have one to go to at all"

and to Shute... thanks for buying the least profitable item in the store and the rest online. with more customers like that, you won't be getting your skates anywhere near you, nor be able to get them sharpened... but hey, thats your call!!!

lastly, to those that complain about the cost of baking or a fitting cost. ever been to a car repair shop. they often charge a price to look at whats wrong, then apply the cost, if you get the repair done. works the same way... the salesperson is extending help, which costs the owner of the store money to work with you, and fit you... and if they have the product you want, and it fits, but you decide to shop online to save 15 bucks. is that worth the hour that the salesperson spent with you, which cost the owner money. as for baking cost... the skate oven isn't free, nor is it cheap. if you feel like shopping online, i hope the LHS charges $40 to bake rather then $20.

ive said this many times before, and it appears it may be time to say it again.... "support your local hockey store, or you won't have one to go to at all"

and to Shute... thanks for buying the least profitable item in the store and the rest online. with more customers like that, you won't be getting your skates anywhere near you, nor be able to get them sharpened... but hey, thats your call!!!

lastly, to those that complain about the cost of baking or a fitting cost. ever been to a car repair shop. they often charge a price to look at whats wrong, then apply the cost, if you get the repair done. works the same way... the salesperson is extending help, which costs the owner of the store money to work with you, and fit you... and if they have the product you want, and it fits, but you decide to shop online to save 15 bucks. is that worth the hour that the salesperson spent with you, which cost the owner money. as for baking cost... the skate oven isn't free, nor is it cheap. if you feel like shopping online, i hope the LHS charges $40 to bake rather then $20.

Where do you take your car? I've never heard and I never would pay for an estimate.

Where do you take your car? I've never heard and I never would pay for an estimate.

some brake shops... ever been to a dealership. they charge just to look at it. i was simply making a point. but thats ok, you don't know about that, so i guess nobody else does either.

I'd go LHS... the place here is just an old rink, but I've gotten to know the owner a little bit, and he's a funny guy. He's even said that for the drop in game before christmas, he's gonna have some beer and pizza... something that a store online wont be able to do...

also, online stores tend to screw up the orders a lot!!!

I'd go LHS... the place here is just an old rink, but I've gotten to know the owner a little bit, and he's a funny guy. He's even said that for the drop in game before christmas, he's gonna have some beer and pizza... something that a store online wont be able to do...

also, online stores tend to screw up the orders a lot!!!

so far i have only had 1 screwed up order from the internet. i think it just depends on where/who you order from.