Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

How low end is CCM PFS 2000 gear?

I would say roller hockey level...kinda like how some people use those Tour GTL pads on ice. I'd say spend a little more get something a little better, like some Missions or Itechs. Even those are low end, think it might be better than those...but you might survive with those ones.

No, PFS are street/roller hockey pads, do NOT play ice with them unless you don't mind getting injured. A pair of low end gear RBK 5k or 7k, CCM V6, Itech 4.8x, Sheerwood(SWD) Cebrus 5, NBH Vapor X or XX, etc. etc. is miles better as far as protection for ice and relatively does not cost that much more. You don't need $1,200 leg pads, or $250-$350 blockers and catchers.

Go to goaliestore.com and use the forums, especially the classifieds. They have members that have no problem calling a member out on having a high asking price. You can find some awesome deals on the site(much like players equipment here). The goalie on the team I'm coaching just got some used but in really good condition Vaughn Velos for less than $250 shipped.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...bric_Protector/

Or another similar product:

http://www.atsko.com/snoseal.html

Any Mission pad other than the Pro(they have a eave material), have nylon on the insides of the pad. They don't tend to slide well on ice. So slapping some waterproofer like any of those two products above will help you be able to slide. Or you just might find that the nylon is ok for you...but seems most people play butterfly and wanna be able to push and move laterally

i had a difficult time sliding around in my 05' mission motions so i had to go and buy new ice hockey pads as i couldn't deal with the motions anymore... there was a lot of fraying (not bad but just a small amount) of the nylon and it didn't affect the pads for roller.

I really don't know how long it'll last...probably varies from product to product(silicone, wax) and from rink to rink. If you got really nice ice, then you won't get as much slush built up on it, etc. Just give it a try out...pretty much any waterproofer will work and just go from there. Just make sure to use the right one, for nylon. From reading on other boards, seems Sno Seal or Scotchguard is what most people use. Might try to read the instructions and stuff too, there might be some indication on the can of what to expect. Idk if it's true or not, but I think treating your pads will help with the fraying a bit possibly. Idk if that's true, but I'd think it'd help.

They're fine for roller, it's what they were made for, unless you got the Pro model. But some people slap on slide plates for even better glide.

I would say no. But that there are other factors, but generally no. Slide plates...essentially plastic plates for the inside of your pad to protect it and and give more glide like what you might find on fresh ice.