Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunndies

Choice of Shafts

When you take a slapshot, do you get a lot of flex out of your shaft? Several of us have had issues with Inno Novius shafts twisting on shots. So far the only thing I can figure is that the people who have that problem really load the stick on slappers.

I'd go with the M-2 or ultralight.

Hm...my shaft flexes a fair bit. I don't have a total cannon of a slapshot, but the stick I use just now (Nike quest 2, the red one) is about a 90 flex. I

It's quite whippy, so I can get a fair bit of flex out of it.

The site I'd be ordering the Vector or UL off is >>>LINK<<<, for anybody who wants to take a look.

I'm probably leaning a bit towards the Vector, mainly 'cause it's supposed to be durable as hell, and they have it in (according to the flex chart) a 95.

*edit - fixed link.

Right, new plan.

Looks like I'm definitely going to order from somewhere here in Britain.

The choices are now the Vector, Ultralite or a Novius (as I found a place here that has 'em in stock).

I'll let y'all know how it goes... :)

If you like the flex of your Nike shaft, you could almost go to an intermediate Vector (if you don't need the length). This would save you a few more pounds ($ - or hryvnia in the Ukraine... ;) )and get a flex that would be more familiar. The size of the shaft and blade are the same as senior sizes, it's just a couple inches shorter.

Just another option to throw in the mix.

If you like the flex of your Nike shaft, you could almost go to an intermediate Vector (if you don't need the length). This would save you a few more pounds ($ - or hryvnia in the Ukraine... ;) )and get a flex that would be more familiar. The size of the shaft and blade are the same as senior sizes, it's just a couple inches shorter.

Just another option to throw in the mix.

an intermediate would be much more flexy than the 260 Nike he's using now. A regular or medium flex is a much more similar choice.

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you haven't considered the grip-lite? It's one of the best overall sticks on the market and has been for a while. Durable like a tank, light and gives a good shot as well... there's really no drawback to the grip-lite other than maybe it doesn't have the performance of a OPS...

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you haven't considered the grip-lite? It's one of the best overall sticks on the market and has been for a while. Durable like a tank, light and gives a good shot as well... there's really no drawback to the grip-lite other than maybe it doesn't have the performance of a OPS...

I hadn't really considered the Grip Lite much mainly 'cause it's pretty hard to come by, and a bit pricey over here.

For example, I could get a Soft Grip Novius for less than the Grip Lite.

And from what I can tell, a Regular Flex Vector or Novius would be a bit stiffer than my Nike one, which is what I was looking for (getting a 95 as opposed to the 90 I currently have).

Novius (Noviui Plural? :D ) and Vectors are supposed to be pretty durable, and I can get them both for a reasonable price, in the right flex, so it looks like it's probably down to those two.... :)

Ahh, I see. Yeah that makes sense. I can't imagine a grip-lite selling for more than a novius.. lol crazy world! I use a 260 novius myself both in inline and ice and I love the stick, it's VERY durable as well. I haven't had the twisting problem Chadd and some others have had with it upon load. I have a very heavy shot and very high load too... I guess I'm just used to not being very accurate becasue I haven't noticed any twist.. ;)

Ahh, I see. Yeah that makes sense. I can't imagine a grip-lite selling for more than a novius.. lol crazy world! I use a 260 novius myself both in inline and ice and I love the stick, it's VERY durable as well. I haven't had the twisting problem Chadd and some others have had with it upon load. I have a very heavy shot and very high load too... I guess I'm just used to not being very accurate becasue I haven't noticed any twist.. ;)

Thanks man,

One more question - is the "soft grip" on the Novius worth an extra £10? What does it compare to?

One more question - is the "soft grip" on the Novius worth an extra £10? What does it compare to?

I like the Inno soft grip. The grip would be comparable to a grip-lite IMO but with a little less noticable grip. The Novius in standard (non-grip) is VERY slick, which isn't a problem for me, but some may not like it.

Cool. Is it the "polarfibre" stuff that everybody seems to talk about on here?

So long as it doesn't screw up my gloves, it sounds good! :)

Incidentally, it looks like I'm definitely going for the Novius. I emailed the guy from the store over here that stocks them, and he said he's out of them just now, but he's going to America in July and would pick one up for me. Nice guy! :)

Polarfibre is a rough texture, like a fine grit sandpaper. The soft grip is a very thin film, like a plastic wrap that is tacky.

Chadd/everyone on a side note about the novius "twisting" under load, I think I found the reason I've never experienced it... upon closer inspection my novius is concave (like an XN10) not a square/regular.. maybe that explains it.

If you take a lefty Novius shaft, and turn it round (so that the graphics are upside down), can it be used as a righty? Surely that would mean that the Boron Spine (or whatever it's called), would be in the right place for a right-handed shot. Is that possible?

Yes that works. I had to do it with mine.

Also, of those shafts, I'd take the M-2.

If you take a lefty Novius shaft, and turn it round (so that the graphics are upside down), can it be used as a righty? Surely that would mean that the Boron Spine (or whatever it's called), would be in the right place for a right-handed shot. Is that possible?

Yes that works. I had to do it with mine.

Also, of those shafts, I'd take the M-2.

I would put up a review of what I think when I get mine, but it'd be in 2 months.