Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtt99

Vote for Rory

That hard working excuse is garbage. If you want to give it to a hard worker, try and get someone like Laraque, Kilger, Stoll, etc.. in the allstar game. Don't go for a fringe NHL d-man.

Next year I'm starting a "Vote for Steve Begin" campaign. :)

rory should not goto the all-star game, but stop the voting process

My sentiments as well, it would actually be the classy thing to do. I'm sure he knows he doesn't belong in the all-star game.

After all the HNIC stuff he'll turn it down for sure, I kinda feel sorry for him now as people are getting angry at him because he hasn't turned it down already.

So last night on HNIC, both Cherry and Hrudey were totally anti-Rory. I was a bit surprised with Grapes since he is usually for the grinder guy hockey player. Hrudey was more upset since he never went to a A/S game, why should Rory.

Have to side with Cherry on this. It is a mockery of the game. Why should fans vote for players and turn it into a popularity contest. Let the players, coaches and reporters vote for the players and base it on who deserves to be there based on thier performance.

rory should not goto the all-star game, but stop the voting process

My sentiments as well, it would actually be the classy thing to do. I'm sure he knows he doesn't belong in the all-star game.

agreed. He should hold a press conference and thank the fans for support but decline the invitation to go until he deserves it, it would show that he's a real class act.

No one should Deebo themselves a spot on an all-star squad. It's like minor hockey when mothers piss and moan about their kids.

So last night on HNIC, both Cherry and Hrudey were totally anti-Rory. I was a bit surprised with Grapes since he is usually for the grinder guy hockey player. Hrudey was more upset since he never went to a A/S game, why should Rory.

Have to side with Cherry on this. It is a mockery of the game. Why should fans vote for players and turn it into a popularity contest. Let the players, coaches and reporters vote for the players and base it on who deserves to be there based on thier performance.

That was actually the entire point of the whole campaign in the first place, IIRC. And if this changes the process, then it's intent was met.

And that ladies and gentlemen hits the nail right on the head! mack, you are spot on!

No one should Deebo themselves a spot on an all-star squad. It's like minor hockey when mothers piss and moan about their kids.

agreed. He should hold a press conference and thank the fans for support but decline the invitation to go until he deserves it, it would show that he's a real class act.

He already did that. I saw it on the News here, he said he was thankful for all the support, but wasn't sure if he would go to the game even if he got voted in. Basicly " I know its a big joke, and im not going to make an ass out of myself by going".

It was on the news a couple of weeks ago, im surprised no one else seen the interview.

He already did that. I saw it on the News here, he said he was thankful for all the support, but wasn't sure if he would go to the game even if he got voted in. Basicly " I know its a big joke, and im not going to make an ass out of myself by going".

It was on the news a couple of weeks ago, im surprised no one else seen the interview.

When was this? They played Calgary the other night on TSN and the announcers claimed they talked to him earlier and said he was still deciding, but leaning towards not going.

When do we find out the final all star votes? I heard some guy on the vancouver message board managed to get 3,000 votes with an automatic program before it stopped working.

I think all star voting closes January 2nd. After a few big wigs (i.e. Gretz and Don Cherry) trashed the idea it seems to have lost momentum.