Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

ONEGoal Hockey Show

Damn, that thing is in the middle of nowhere. I may have to pass on the special rates just so I'm closer to the "real" strip.

They have a shuttle that runs every 30 min that takes you to Mandalay Bay then to Barbary Coast.

Looks like they changed the hotel name. It is now South Point instead of South Coast.

I've always gotten the feeling that the conflict of having both shows so close to each other was a problem and it forced a lot of companies to compromise to get to both or only do one.

The combined show in Toronto a couple of years ago was great, and it was a lot warmer than Chicago. But it wasn't Vegas warm.

Maybe next year with the shows further apart they can both relax the competition a little.

We were going to walk the Toronto show and have a booth in Vegas, but the timing sucks and we're just doing Vegas. But there's a lot of people and companies we won't get to see.

I've always gotten the feeling that the conflict of having both shows so close to each other was a problem and it forced a lot of companies to compromise to get to both or only do one.

That conflict was no accident. ;)

Plaques for Product Of The Year arrived yesterday.

plaques.jpg

What are the categories....

Skate

Stick &

Innovation *squinting to read little plaque pictures*

Who votes for these? The Mods? Select members?

You'll have to be there to find out.

Skate, Stick and Innovation of the Year.

I PS'd the names out :P

As far as who votes, it is a panel of shop employees and members who have had enough exposure to all the product. THey get ballots in early December.

ypu doing it at the show?

The plan is to do it early on Sunday so the winners have the awards and can display them if they wish.

Anyone wants to get together, call me at the Strathcona after 2 on Saturday and before Monday. A few beverages may be in order on either night.