Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Midnight Mass

Okay I'm about to head off to Midnight Mass but I was wondering what tie I should wear. Going with the basic black suit but was wondering if maybe I should wear a red or green one or just buck it and go with a random tie that has no Christmas-y feel to it.

I've looked around and the only threads I could find on something like this were of no help as I'm not as big of a fan of pink that some here may be. The shirt will be white but I'm also contemplating a light green or even purple combo going. Thx guyz.

I was going to post something like this too Mack, because my search came up empty.... I was going to ask "Khakis vs. jeans vs ?"... I just have no idea, what do you guys think? Or "turtleneck sweater vs Sidney Crosby jersey vs collared shirt???"

It's almost as difficult as choosing between a Dolomite, a One90, a Mac Daddy, a Vapor XXX Lite, a couple Eastons, and who knows?

Jeans have become socially acceptable. Toss on a nice sweater and some decent shoes and you are good to go. Obviously you want to avoid jeans with holes or stains.

Look at this way. The good Lord has seen you are your worst and has probably witnessed things you'd rather not mention. Jeans aren't going to be a make or break factor for big guy. :P

This year it was charcoal grey with a blue shirt and orange/blue tie. If it had a soundtrack it would be by Slayer.

Don't think God really cares what colour tie you wear, he'd just like you to show up. Let the woman worry about fashion statements.

somehow, Christmas mass here is totally different from back home in Singapore... first off, the mass that has the biggest draw is the 7pm mass, and its held outdoors in a field about half the size of a football field (Church Kindergarten play area). Everyone is pretty casual, ladies not really dressed to kill. Everyone brings their own folding chairs or picnic blanket. More like a mini concert than a mass... but kudos to the Rev for doing it this way, everyone seems to love the idea and the turnout is HUGE.

since I missed it, I'll chime in for easter. I recommend polka dots to represent the eggs the baby rabbit laid outside of the tomb. everyone will see your combo and think "man, he really gets it, doesn't he"