Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith

Kor skate issue?

Is something off with the left skate mount or am I just insane here? Thing is, it seems strange that a mounting issue could occur on a boot that is basically one piece. All I know is I basically damn near broke my hip in a general skate of all places crossing over to my left which prompted me to look em over after the fact and that boot seems ever so slightly kinked inward.

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

It's very strange. This would seem to be the hardest boot to screw a mount up with on paper. All Iknow is I went from completely having my edge to dribbling my hip off the ice like a basketball. The edge just skidded out from under me.

for starters, your line on the bottom skate is not straight. it breaks and starts back up again a few times... when it does that, the line is not connected. it breaks at least 6 times, and each time it moves one pixel to the left and starts again. going from bottom to top that is.

is this the first time this has happened? have you skated on these before this skate?

One big item that is creating the perception of incongruency is that the achilles guard is not sewn in completely center and vertical. That is not a big deal as its simply there to protect the back of your lower calf. If you look at the skate from the lower 1/2 of the boot down it looks OK to me.

It could be you were maybe not used to the blade profile? I know when I first tried my Kors they felt way different than the Pro tacks I came from. It took a few skates to get used to the boot and the skate mechanics.

I dont think I would ever notice this and would probably think it was just a matter of me adjusting to a new skate.

I'm not insane after all. I went to the max edge guy in NYC today. He lined the two skates up in a jig and then overlaid a clear plastic gauge across the rear to check vertical alignment. The right is dead on as my line guide showed as well, while the left was off by almost two degrees. Basically, the skate is pronated a bit. I've contacted Kor but they have yet to reply.

sorry, but don't get your hopes up for mexican made product. there should be existing inventory at the warehouse, and mexico is focusing on the shift 2

as for your guage. no offense to Maximum Edge or their gauge, but 2 degrees is very minimal, and we are talking about product that is not made within .002 millimeters of spec. that is nothing against the skate either... that goes for all hockey equipment. there are tolerances, and human manufacturing to be accounted for.

from someone that skates in kor's... it took me a good few skates to get used to skating on them, and my first skate without profile and changing pitch, i felt like i was going to kill myself on the ice. i think you will get used to them!!! just be patient.

sorry, but don't get your hopes up for mexican made product. there should be existing inventory at the warehouse, and mexico is focusing on the shift 2

as for your guage. no offense to Maximum Edge or their gauge, but 2 degrees is very minimal, and we are talking about product that is not made within .002 millimeters of spec. that is nothing against the skate either... that goes for all hockey equipment. there are tolerances, and human manufacturing to be accounted for.

from someone that skates in kor's... it took me a good few skates to get used to skating on them, and my first skate without profile and changing pitch, i felt like i was going to kill myself on the ice. i think you will get used to them!!! just be patient.

Did you get your shift-2 skates yet?