Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdjb

Legend wood sticks...

Anyone used these? I've found some reviews on the replacement blades but nothing about the sticks.

I know a lot of you guys do the OPS thing but I thought I'd check and see if anyone was using or had used one of these before.

I've been waiting for about 3-4 days for a response from them but so far no luck...

I have a blade order in with them right now and apparently the guy that ran the day to day operations has left the company so they are running around a bit trying to get his job done. Normally they respond pretty quickly but since this happened, it seems the response time is a little off. My blades were supposed to ship the end of last week but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Try asking the questions you have here, there are enough people who have used them here and they may be able to get some answers for you.

I have a blade order in with them right now and apparently the guy that ran the day to day operations has left the company so they are running around a bit trying to get his job done. Normally they respond pretty quickly but since this happened, it seems the response time is a little off. My blades were supposed to ship the end of last week but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Try asking the questions you have here, there are enough people who have used them here and they may be able to get some answers for you.

i'd just like to know if anyone has used their sticks (not the blades)?

the prices seem good and i'd like to order some, i'd just like to hear from some people who have used them before.

TIA

I believe legend is part of the company Canadien, if you are reffering to the Canadien wood sticks. I hate them they are so heavy and snaped mine very easily. They might have improved their quality but the one i used was all blue and it had Canadien wriiten on it and btw that stick i got was from Zellers( not a LHS) and my LHS doesnt carry them becasue they tell me its "low-end" and they only carry "high end" stuff.

I believe legend is part of the company Canadien, if you are reffering to the Canadien wood sticks. I hate them they are so heavy and snaped mine very easily. They might have improved their quality but the one i used was all blue and it had Canadien wriiten on it and btw that stick i got was from Zellers( not a LHS) and my LHS doesnt carry them becasue they tell me its "low-end" and they only carry "high end" stuff.

You bought a plywood "canadien" stick at a discount store and broke it so you're going to compare it a custom wood/glass stick you havn't even seen or used? You aren't even sure the same company makes the sticks.

Legend bought the Canadien name from CCM ( I believe) and makes the wood sticks sold under that name. They are nothing like the custom stuff they produce.

i hear ya miserable, i ordered myne almost a month ago from them and b/c of the "problem" i still havent gotten mine. supposed to ship out this week tho so i hope they do

QUOTE (Miserable @ Jun 23 2004, 07:47 AM)

when you say "the guy who left the company" are you referring to jim, because i've run into the same problem

I was just trying to help, I stated I had a bad expierence with the Candien wood stick I wasnt sure how the legnend/ccm/canadien deal went so I though legned was Candien.

Man, it took me forever to get my blades from Legend before anyone left the company. Heck, Jim went on vacation for a week and everything was completely messed up. I was double charged for my order, the tenon was way too thick for the tapered shaft (despite repeated reminders that they were going in a tapered shaft), it took twice as long to get my order than was promised... I can only imagine what "worse" service would be like.

Edit: BTW, Canadien and Canadian are not the same company. Canadian sticks are made by Legend Sports while Canadien sticks are manufactured by Canadien Hockey Equipment which is located in Finland of all places...

Canadien is Intersport's brand (atleast in Europe)

Then Legend only owns the North American rights.

when you say "the guy who left the company" are you referring to jim, because i've run into the same problem

I believe that's his name. This is the first time I've dealt with them so I'm not too familiar with the company.

After reading this thread i want to order some custom blades from them. But what does 4 Lam Blade Horizontal mean and what does 8 Lam Blade Verticle mean.

After reading this thread i want to order some custom blades from them. But what does 4 Lam Blade Horizontal mean and what does 8 Lam Blade Verticle mean.

4 lam horizontal = 4 ply wood laminates with the grain running horizontally

8 lam vertical = 8 ply wood laminates with the grain running vertically (thinner laminates)

Legend has switched to using 8 lam vertical for all their blades now so you don't have a choice any more.

in the order options for legend blades it gives u the option to get graphite blades. it this true, do they really make custom graphite blades?

It's a graphite wrap, not a full composite blade.

Does it actually help make the blade stiffer? I didnt notice any difference the short period of time i used the TPS Prostock (retail).