Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drisco487

Fastest Guy in the NHL

There is a couple guys who can really fly, but i guess we could find out when the ASG Skills competition is on next week...

I don't think the skills comp really shows the fastest players. I mean during the last all star game Datsyuk was only 1 second behind Kovalchuk in fastest skater. Datsyuk is by no means slow but he isn't fast either.

Hes not in the NHL right now but im sure Konstantin Koltsov held the title as fastest skater for the couple years he was in the league. Gaborik and Havlat are pretty fast too.

I still don't think the All Star game skills competition is the definitive answer to the most skilled in certain areas of the game, IMO it should be the most skilled in each area from around the league then we'd have a much better skills competition although I guess it wouldn't be "All Star" anymore if they did that.

one highly unknown player that can definately fly is Tony Salmelainen of the Chicago Blackhawks...he is yet to really make an impact at the NHL level because it seems that his hands cannot keep out with his feet..but definately be on the look out for this guy once he puts it all together

officially the fastest guy playing in the NHL that was clocked is jason chimera of the blue jackets. i only know this because he used to be in the oilers system.

Matt Lombardi flies every time I see him play.

Although I'm sure we should all remember Marty Spirit of St. Louis and Scott NiederOscarMayer. They still stand out to me for their performances.

Matt Lombardi flies every time I see him play.

Although I'm sure we should all remember Marty Spirit of St. Louis and Scott NiederOscarMayer. They still stand out to me for their performances.

Gartner used to fly in that competition.

I have to agree with you guys on the ASG skills comp. not being the true measure and fairness of fastest skater, but i was just stating that the official fastest would be at the ASG.

i forget who said it up above ( and im too lazy to read )

but i think they should make it where individual players can do the skills contests.

like in basketball in the dunk contest.. i dont want to see nate robinson actually playing... but id pay to see him do crazy dunks.

but i think they should make it where individual players can do the skills contests.

like in basketball in the dunk contest.. i dont want to see nate robinson actually playing... but id pay to see him do crazy dunks.

Each team should have it's own Skills Comp in the first half of the season...

The top 5-10 players (depending on the event) from each teams own Skills Comp. go to the All Star weekend (for lack of a better name). I'm sure there would be some duplication between All Stars and Skill Stars...but the Young stars game is the day before and those players are separate from the regular game....in the end it would end up exposing more players to more fans.

Or, at the very least...the League should get the final results of all the teams Skills Comps and tally it up. List it on the NHL site at the end of the year. It would be a more accurate look at the players than just the guys at the ASG.

Each team should have it's own Skills Comp in the first half of the season...

The top 5-10 players (depending on the event) from each teams own Skills Comp. go to the All Star weekend (for lack of a better name). I'm sure there would be some duplication between All Stars and Skill Stars...but the Young stars game is the day before and those players are separate from the regular game....in the end it would end up exposing more players to more fans.

Or, at the very least...the League should get the final results of all the teams Skills Comps and tally it up. List it on the NHL site at the end of the year. It would be a more accurate look at the players than just the guys at the ASG.

That's essentially the way they used to do it but it changed around the time of the last CBA. As long as the player was a "regular NHL player" they should be included in the skills competition.

David Tanabe is disgustingly fast also...too bad he'll never make an all-star game.

LOL :lol:

Im still surprised he makes a team :ph34r:

But topic wise, Definantly Afinogenov (Sp?)