Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swiss17

Phil Kessel Sticks

I think the old saying applies here, "Open mouth, insert foot!!" I guess if this guy is a idiot then your the king of dumbass's..... This stick is in fact a 77 flex and is in fact a intermediate width stick. Its a pro stock stick therefore they can choose whatever options they want.. Kessell likes the width of a intermediate stick and the flex of bauers first sr option which is 77 flex..I've seen both his 77 flex sticks with a Sr width and a Int width. Once you enter the world of "Pro Stock" your options are endless.. So in the end looks like you ended up being the "idiot"

I'll retract my second "idiot" statement because you are right, pro stock can mean anything. However I stand by the first one because the stick has been out for quite some time and it is wrong to say "be the first one on the ice with this stick". This clearly is not true.

You must know a lot of people that have Phil Kessell sticks i guess....The Vapor XXXX came out last season therefore it is still Bauers newest stick until the vapor XXXXX or whatever the next stick they make comes out. I see nothing "idiotic" about any of those statements except for the ones you made!! If it was a Vapor XXX then you would stand corrected but there seems to be a little more knowledge out there then you have yet to learn! No need to keep bashing back and forth.. The world of "pro stock" is endless and there will always be a option someone has never seen before!!

My interpretation is that he is indicating that you will be the first person on the ice with a XXXX, pro stock or not. Of course I believe that you would be if the first if he is referring to the Kessel pro stock because they are understandably rare. I also agree that it is Bauer's newest stick. I am not refuting that statement, only that you will be the first. Perhaps idiot was a little strong however I still believe that he is wrong to make that statement.

why is everyone getting so heated over this ?

yeah I thought women were the only ones that had to have the last word...everyone just needs to relax, it's a stick lol..Oh wait, I forgot what website I was on

Hate to bring this back up, but does anyone know what lie his sticks are? I'm tempted to try and get one, but now that I've seen the differences that a good lie does, I'm moving out my off-lie sticks for some proper stuff.

I was tempted to try out Kessel's curve, but I couldn't bring myself to pay over $200 for his stick at the Leafs sale.

As for the lie, I believe it's about a 5 as Andoy had mentioned.

Really? I paid $150 brand new. I also heard that when he started out, he used a modano curve. The one I have is a bit longer and has a slight kink at the toe.

Really? I paid $150 brand new. I also heard that when he started out, he used a modano curve. The one I have is a bit longer and has a slight kink at the toe.

you live in vancouver? you got his pro stock from sports exchange didnt you? if not.. my bad.. but those from vancouver who are looking for his pro stock, they have his repainted one95 there.. it is a bit too whippy for my liking though.. but i might give it a shot.

Is there a pic of one of his sticks showing the curve? I thought there was a section here showing actual photos of certain players curves, but could be wrong. I saw a picture in the Toronto Star article about how him, Versteeg, and Bozak are all RH. Bad angle though to get a true view of the curve. It looked fairly flat. I would absolutely love to get my hands on one if it had the right curve for me if he is in fact using One95. I almost purchased a Kessel pro stock but it was a XXXX repainted as a One95. I have a XXXX right now in 77 flex, and I am unsure if I like it or not (not pro stock mind you).

The ones at the Leafs sale were all new X:60s. I believe he switched to an Easton stick near the end of last season, but he's back to Bauer this season.

The curve on the X60 was a toe, with a fairly neutral or closed face. From what I can remember, the blade is fairly straight until about 2/3 - 3/4 to the toe, then it curves.

Bozak uses a Zetterberg/PM9 clone.

here's a picture of his curve from his boston years:

IMG_0020

i say it's a p106 with a slight toe kink.

From what I can recall from the Leafs sale this past summer, the curve is still pretty similar to that.

The pic looked a lot more flat, but the angle was weird in the Toronto Star. It's a curve I would consider using for sure though. His candy cane stripe is interesting to say the least. Not a big fan of the look, but he's making the millions, and I am dreaming about millions. Obviously it works for him. :)

I would imagine Bozak is stiffer flex than Kessel....

Are there still sticks, etc. available at the ACC these days in Centre Sports? Been a few years since I've been to a Leafs game.

The pic looked a lot more flat, but the angle was weird in the Toronto Star. It's a curve I would consider using for sure though. His candy cane stripe is interesting to say the least. Not a big fan of the look, but he's making the millions, and I am dreaming about millions. Obviously it works for him. :)

Are there still sticks, etc. available at the ACC these days in Centre Sports? Been a few years since I've been to a Leafs game.

So, officially, what flex does kessel use?

There's a video of al iafrate describing his base stick, it's only 100 flex. He's 6'4 240. If that doesn't tell you something...

the stick i saw that is a repainted x60 doesnt look like that.. although the reason the store i go to has that, could be because he doesnt use the curve i saw/it was a tester curve.. looked like a lighter side of the hossa.

If I remember correctly, Bozak's S19 felt like a 85-90 and Kessel's Bauer is a 77 as stated on the shaft.

They don't have the game used sticks at the store anymore, but you can make arrangements with the manager if you're really intersted in buying.