Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

The end of my hockey/social life for a while

update from the new daddy. (i snuck away for a bit)

Landon Jeremy Metcalf was born at 12:35 am on February 8th 2007, like jr said he was 9lbs, and 21.5 inches long. He had to go to NICU because he and mom had a bit of a fever when he was born but he is doing much better than even exspected. He should be able to leave intenstive care around 8pm tonight, and I am theoretically bringing him home tomorrow around noon. thank you all for all of your support and keep the tips coming in, i need all the help i can get.

-Garrett

any pointers on the sign language? ive heard of it in movies but thats about all....

There is a book called Baby Signs that we used. It truly is awesome because even if you only teach your child about 15-20 signs you can increase your communication with them enormously. Rather than have our daughter cry when she wanted more of something she learned the 'More' baby sign and we knew what she wanted. Now that she talks she's also way ahead of her playgroup friends so from what I read it also increases future verbal skills.

Best of luck. I have another due in June - right after our hockey season playoffs! How's that for timing?

Congratulations and best of luck, CC, to you and mom and the big little one. This can be the most trying and most rewarding time in your life. Hopefully you are receiving offers of help from family and friends - a meal, an errand, a trip to the grocery store - don't be too proud to accept. You will probably also be getting a lot of visitors, and don't be afraid to tell people when it is not a good time. You will all need rest when you can get it.

best of luck...nothing beats becoming a father...

spend as much time with the missus as well, esp during the first few months... i lost about 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, as i did the running around, late night feeds and everything...

Good luck and remember to have fun, man! My not so little 7 year old teaches me something new everyday!

Ugh, why would you ever want to go anywhere near Toledo?

Besides, a Michigan boy playing on a team in Ohio might cause some isses...GO BLUE!

Congratulations and best of luck.

I just got this tidbit:

You find out interesting things when you have sons, like...

1. � A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2. � If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3. � A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4. � If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5. � You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6. � The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7. � When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

8. � Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9. � A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old Boy.

11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12. Super glue is forever.

13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15. VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20. The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response � time.

21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23. Cats throw up twice their body wei ght when dizzy.

24. 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

25. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

Last night, my daughter testing whether or not goldfish crackers could swim.

Ugh, why would you ever want to go anywhere near Toledo?

Besides, a Michigan boy playing on a team in Ohio might cause some isses...GO BLUE!

It was a joke... the point was that I have almost the exact situation now and I've been through it before (I've got a 4-year old little girl). If he needs someone to talk to- I'm here.

Good luck Captain. And like in hockey be a good captain for him, in simple term be a good example to follow for him. That's what a young boy need the most from his father.

Good luck...

Good luck Captain. And like in hockey be a good captain for him, in simple term be a good example to follow for him. That's what a young boy need the most from his father.

Good luck...

Good advice. Very mature for a guy that (I presume) hasn't been there before?