Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolveshockey10

CCM E-Blades VS. T-Blades

What blades so you prefer?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am either going to get the Pro Tacks or the Vector ZG 130s. What blades are better and what are all the differences in the skate?

why don't you just go with the Vector Pros or the Vector 7.0's rather than the Pro Tacks. they both have E-blades. the only difference is there is no t-blades unlike the Vector ZG.

I am either going to get the Pro Tacks or the Vector ZG 130s. What blades are better and what are all the differences in the skate?

skate is the same, only difference is the holder. the vector pro is probably gonna be cheaper as well.

how much they are??(zg130)

I am either going to get the Pro Tacks or the Vector ZG 130s.  What blades are better and what are all the differences in the skate?

skate is the same, only difference is the holder. the vector pro is probably gonna be cheaper as well.

Pro Tacks and Vectors are different boots.

The Pro Tacks come stock with the ProLite 3 holders and scalloped steel. If you want T-Blades or the E-Blades you'll have to have a pro shop change them for you.

I am either going to get the Pro Tacks or the Vector ZG 130s.  What blades are better and what are all the differences in the skate?

why don't you just go with the Vector Pros or the Vector 7.0's rather than the Pro Tacks. they both have E-blades. the only difference is there is no t-blades unlike the Vector ZG.

I meant Vector Pros. OOPs

T-blades are really nice, but a lot of people like them a lot of people hate them. I guess the main reason I like them is because I can try different sharpenings because my LHS usually screws my skates up when I get them sharpened there. Othere than that there really isn't a big advantage to T-blades IMO.

The disadvantage is that they look really goofy.

How is that a dissadvantage? Realy i think is PP on this one. I use t'blades around here becasue its realy hard to get consistant sharpining. Some ppl just dont dig the funky sound they make either.

What are these E blades? Are they like the same thing as t'blades? Sounds kinds cheesy to me, but I have no idea what thye are so i cant judge them. If they are suppose to be liek the t'blades, is there a link or anything where I can see them? thanks.

On the ccm site i noticed white t'blades. are those the E blades? or are they the other normal holders on the site.

no those are jsut white runners.... the E blade looks like any normal holder.

T-blades are really nice, but a lot of people like them a lot of people hate them. I guess the main reason I like them is because I can try different sharpenings because my LHS usually screws my skates up when I get them sharpened there. Othere than that there really isn't a big advantage to T-blades IMO.

How often do you have to change the blades out?

They're promoted as maintaining their sharpness 4 to 5 times longer than a conventional blade. They have a website that provides a lot of information about them.

http://t-blade.com

my bad, i misread, i thought he was comparing the vector pro and zg130, thats what i get for posting on 2 hours sleep

my bad, i misread, i thought he was comparing the vector pro and zg130, thats what i get for posting on 2 hours sleep

Yeah. I was sleeping when I made the post. I put Pro Tacks, but I meant Vector Pros.

They're promoted as maintaining their sharpness 4 to 5 times longer than a conventional blade. They have a website that provides a lot of information about them.

http://t-blade.com

I will check that out. Another web site said 5 skate sharpenings also. I was curious to know if they really last that long. I skate 3 or 4 times a week, so I just want to make sure it doesnt last 5 skate sharpenings for guys that skate once or twice a week.

the steel on the t-blades de-laminates itselfs as the bures that hold it on to the runner beak off!!!! dont buy one there a guimick and you have 2 buy replacement blades what a rip off. plus i have hearda that the chassis are prone to breaking when they get hit by a heavy shot :angry:

the steel on the t-blades de-laminates itselfs as the bures that hold it on to the runner beak off!!!! dont buy one there a guimick and you have 2 buy replacement blades what a rip off. plus i have hearda that the chassis are prone to breaking when they get hit by a heavy shot :angry:

I might go with you on that.

Aside from the blades are the skates the exact same?

I might go with you on that.

Aside from the blades are the skates the exact same?

Yes, the skates are the exact same.