Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

Cage Color

Don't forget the "Pimp my Mask" option from Itech, haha.

My old mask that I had for years had a black cage and recently got a new helmet with a chrome cage. It was a little different, but got use to it quickly.

It's of course PP, but growing up always having a cage, I just got use to having it in front of face. I had more trouble trying out a cats eye than switching colors on a regualar cage.

This is actually a really good post because this question gets asked frequently.

White cages have an ice blend, bars disappear with the white ice background making the black of the puck stand out.

Black cages have a puck blend, really bad for loosing the puck in the bars.

Chrome cages have a neutral blend but are reflective, they disappear well but offer different optical illusion/light reflection.

Stainless is similar to chrome in that it is a neutral steel colour, no blend, but had the advantage of not being reflective.

All that having been said, the best cages are the ones that offer the best sight lines which more often than not has more to do with the fit of the mask and style of the cage than the colour of the cage. ;)

I play D, use a black cage, and I do not even see the bars when I play. I think all this talk about losing the puck in a black cage is a load of hooey. Just my two cents, I know you keepers are a touchy lot :)

the bars on a goalie mask are roughly twice as large as a players cage, so although I'd agree that a black (players) cage doesn't effect you seeing the puck a black goalie's cage might... Never tried it though, the cage on my goalie mask was chrome.

of course. I'd go with chrome(not to mention chrome works with almost every paint job on a mask).

In fact, I'm looking(although not too hard) for a cheap chrome cage for my 692 (players) helmet. I figure it worked well when I was in net, might work well when I'm skating out.

of course. I'd go with chrome(not to mention chrome works with almost every paint job on a mask).

In fact, I'm looking(although not too hard) for a cheap chrome cage for my 692 (players) helmet. I figure it worked well when I was in net, might work well when I'm skating out.

I was going to get a chrome CCM FM480 but the order got messed up and never arrived. Then I got to thinking that I've never really had a problem seeing the puck through my black cage, thus my statement that cage colors are a load of BS.

I'm not a goalie, but I was curious so I went through some pictures I have to see who wears what in the NHL. Most seem to wear stainless/chrome except:

White:

Brodeur

Giguere

Dipietro

Kiprusoff

Gold:

Roloson

Lalime

Red:

Halak

Blue:

Raycroft

Luongo (Black maybe)

Fernandez used to use white, not sure if he still does.

Emery used gold.

Lundqvist uses white.

Belfour uses white.

TT uses white.

Grahame used to use black but switched to chrome.

Burkie used white.

Denis uses navy.

just thought i might ask if anyboady has a certified gold cage that will fit an itech, yea but i have seen people with different color cages but the back is painted white so that it matches the ice

you can get them like anware they are the pimp my cage serious bluse outside whit in red outside white in chrome and gold you can get them in like just normal certified and the certified catgages and non certified cat cages i believe they sell them on www.goaliemonkey.com

I was going to get a chrome CCM FM480 but the order got messed up and never arrived. Then I got to thinking that I've never really had a problem seeing the puck through my black cage, thus my statement that cage colors are a load of BS.

I know a lot of people who said the same thing until they tried one of the Itech I2 cages. Now they all talk about the increase in visibility.

I realized that, but usually most of the stock colors are black white and chrome. And wouldn't it be a bit...strange...to have bright pink in front of your eyes?

a girl in my league has one.

its not too pretty at all

Olie the Goalie :D

Where do you think you could get that? I think that's a really great idea, with function and "looks". I like the white color for reasons previously said, but it's kind of bland looking. The gold on the outside is really cool.