Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry94

I'm in the market for a tapered shaft...

I'm currently using an Easton Cyclone, and I found that I need something a lot more flexier than the 95 flex (I bought my cyclone on sale for like 80 bucks cdn). Anyways, I've decided to get a tapered shaft, and I've narrowed it down to 2 shafts, the XV and the R2XN10. I've picked these shafts because of availablity where I live (I don't trust people with my creditcard#). I love the XV's colourscheme, and the R2's is pretty nasty looking IMO. The XV might be a little stiff for me though, at 87 flex, while the R2's Whip flex seems pretty good. Their prices are about 30 bucks apart (I can go without eating for a couple of days :P ), so it's not THAT bad. I have read only good things about each of them, but which is the better shaft shooting wise? I know that the shaft isn't going to help my shot, but as long as it doesn't take away from it, that's fine :P .

compare the flexes and go with whatever you think will work best for you. If you think the 87 is too stiff, go with the whip. If you have the chance borrow a shaft from a friend if you can. If not, roll the dice like the rest of us.

consider the red lite xn10 also. Although its not tapered, it still provides excellent performance, and to be honest, I couldnt tell a difference in my release/shooting with this stick as opposed to the synthesis/ops i typically use.

id go for the r2xn10, from wut ppl have said about the xn10, it sounds nice. heck i just bought a xn10 because of all the good things ppl have said on reviews here about it (and partly b/c i got it for 85 bucks too)

My 87 flex XV feels stiff when i stickhandle with it, but when shooting it has got a very nice kick to it. The XV is also a concave shaft, and the grip coating gives it an edge over the R2XN10. That is the reason why I would pick it, and plus it is cheaper.

The r2xn10 is made out of a new carbon material and is supposedly more durable and "springy" than aramid/graphite. The r2 is wickedly light as well. If you buy into that then it's definately the better performing shaft. I'd go with the r2xn10 though if you don't like grip. If you do like grip then it's pretty much a toss up since the xv has grip and is cheaper.

intermediate shafts aren't an option, since I need an 8 inch end plug already in a senior shaft (I find that stickhandling away from my body is easier)

I think I'll have to actually get up off my rear end and go to the shops to test them out... :o

These were the two shafts that I narrowed my search to a couple of months ago. I ended up going with the XV because of the grip. I don't think you can go wrong with either shaft though. I tested both of them out in the shop and although the XN10 is a little lighter, it wasn't that big of a difference. I'm really pleased with the XV so far.

I think my Vapor XX kicks harder and quicker than my XN10 OPS. I also like how it kicks better. It just feels different. And assuming they use the same shafts as in the OPS, I'd take the Vapor XV shaft any day. I also think the XN10 looks like crap.

and looks increase performance.

They don't? I guess I won't put flames and neon lights on my 1100 then. :P

With the information given it seems the choice only comes down to which is more important to him. Does he want grip with a flex that is a little to stiff for him, or does he want the correct flex without grip? While I really like my XV I would think he should go for the XN10 since he really likes the flex of the shaft, you can always add grip one way or another. As far a looks go, both shafts seem to not hold up so great cosmetically so what's the point in picking the prettier one?

hm....seems like the R2's the choice...looks like I'll be gettin that I guess, unless I have another change of heart or something... :P

Miserable's advice was the best...hahaha

hm....seems like the R2's the choice...looks like I'll be gettin that I guess, unless I have another change of heart or something... :P

Have you checked out the Mission L2? It wasn't out when I was looking but I would definitely consider purchaing one. Just the shaft will run you around the same as the XV.

I changed my mind about the L-2. I posted it was my preffered shaft in the Preffered shaft topic, but I'll say Vapor XX/XV now. It just kicks awesome.

I don't think my LHS has them in stock yet? I haven't been there in a while

Cyclone Taylors?

Cyclone doesn't carry the L-2 and are probably not planning to. Mission doesn't get pushed much here in BC so there's no need to bring it in. I doubt the hockey shop or scoffs will have it either. Don't bother with scoffs by the way. The prices there aren't even close to being competitive with those other two shops.

Cyclone doesn't carry the L-2 and are probably not planning to. Mission doesn't get pushed much here in BC so there's no need to bring it in. I doubt the hockey shop or scoffs will have it either. Don't bother with scoffs by the way. The prices there aren't even close to being competitive with those other two shops.

Yeah no kidding no stores in Victoria even carry the M-1 except some older ones possibly from even 2002.

ok...I went a tried out those shafts...they didn't have the R2 in whip, but I held a Response+ in whip...and holy mother, that is one sick flexin' stick. The 87 XV's grip was pretty nasty IMO, buit I can see how people can like it.