Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D aka speck

Alumni Regulations

This seemed like the best place to put this.

How is it decided what Alumni team an NHLer can play for.

Is it based on ( a ) the team they retired from ( b ) any team they played for or ( c ) the team they spent the most time with?

If it's based on ( b ) any team they played for, can one player represent more than one Alumni team?

Thank you for humoring my useless, trivial knowledge. :)

Or the team they now live nearest to that they played for at sometime in their career. Also, its like pick-up hockey: if there is an opening, bring your gear!

very true Chadd..we have a guy who played in Binghamton (NYR) for years that skates in their alumni games a fair bit..

Yup, same here in Canuck land. You never know who is going to show up to an alumni game. I have a strange feeling they have challenges filling the roster so they get on the phone and start begging.

I'm not sure if it's the same elsewhere, but I find it interesting that Kirk McLean (who was the goalie for the '94 cup run) plays as a skater.

I guess when goalies retire, they retire for good. Then again I truly believe he was the last of the stand up goalies...his last few years in the NHL were not good at all. But then there was the '94 cup run memory that will live forever. Just goes to show how far a team can go on the back of a hot goalie.