Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philatangy

ABS Blades that aren't terrible?

basically anything THC/RBK that isn't all wood would fit the bill more or less. even the V110/120 blades are not as bad on asphalt as other full graphite blades.

i had a ccm stick with the same blade as the crossover a while ago for street. when it gets to the wood part, you'd prolly want to buy a new one anyway.

Matt, they used to carry the CCM heats at sports authority. I'm not sure if they're still making them. If they are, chances are you'll have to hit up a sports authority or modells on the island to find it.

I've used Jofa blades with similar construction. They were pretty durable and the puckfeel was half decent, as they have a wood wrap around the ABS, as opposed to a wood insert between the ABS.

well last night I bought the throw away rbk 1k IW red stick. I wanted to see how this blade feels compared to the black version of the rbk 1k. I took it for a spin but I think that curve might be to insane for me attached to my Easton shaft.

I still haven't put a new blade on my shaft yet so I'll see what's around the hood before I just resign with the Koho crossover out of pure conveinance.

i like these too - i just don't like the wood in the middle because once it wears down to the wood it is annoying to use.

KC21JB-big.jpg

yeah, but at that point you really should be replacing the blade anyways. it'll be so worn down that pucks will be flying over your blade more often than it should.

I've been using the CCM v2.0 lately and while it's touch lighter than the Koho Crossover blades and RBK 1k's it's still strong and durable. next blade im going to try is the v4.0 which should be just as good but balance the stick even more.

i like these too - i just don't like the wood in the middle because once it wears down to the wood it is annoying to use.

KC21JB-big.jpg

yeah, but at that point you really should be replacing the blade anyways. it'll be so worn down that pucks will be flying over your blade more often than it should.

Yea but at that point, I'd be buying a new blade every 2 weeks! lol

Anyone know anythign about the Koho Torpedo 2260? Does it have an ABS blade as well? The store i get stuff from have 1 left in stock with a 'Jagr' curve??

I concur with the THC comment about blades.

Alot of pro-guy's around here use ccm v8.0 or 10.0 RB's for outdoor play and the blades actually hold up really well.

Patrick,

Just curious, what type of surface do you play on? Also, are you talking about the current v8.0 and v10.0? Thanks in advance

FatAndSlow

Asphalt.

Their 8.0's and 10.0's are made in finland so the construction is different from the U.S models.

Though I've seen one guy use the U.S v8.0 blades that are on closout at hockeymonkey, and they hold up very well compared to most other blades.