Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philatangy

ABS Blades that aren't terrible?

Someone post pics of these blades, I posted the Montreal after a months worth of use. By all means if theres a better blade out there I would like to find it. Someone just saying "This lasted me forever" means nothing, a photo of the used blade with the amount of hours played is the only gauge.

I can't remember how many hours I've played with the various blades. But as soon as the season starts (march) I'll use some brand new blades and then upload pictures of the various brands used on the same surface for 8hours of play.

BrunoZ: I can't find any store that sells those CMX blades.

As I told you, I was told that they were discontinued. One online shop in France (ok-patinage.com) still has about 10+ left-sided left (info from a month ago), but no more right-sided.

The CCM V40 looks very much alike, but I didn't test it yet. Just got one yesterday for the sake of it, I'll try to post a V40vsCMX feedback in a while.

The Montreal weights about the same as the CCM V40, which is to say, much. But they are pretty stiff, feeling the puck is not really a problem.

About the 2260 : rough surfaces will kill them pretty fast (splitting). And, personal opinion, they lack stiffness.

i'm pretty happy with the rbk (former jofa) multi surface blades. i honsetly have never tried the koho. but the rbk & easton indoor/outdoor abs last a lot better than the vector, IMO.

I just started about a month ago, but have logged about 45 hours in that time. I bought a RBK 1k (red) because thats all I could get here-its been good. I've broken two Bauers and a CCM in the same time, all because I keep on looking for something stiffer. Its worn, to be sure, but after about half an inch wore off, I rigged up a jig with some foil, put down a fat bead of epoxy, shaped it with a rasp, and its been working great. Plus, the sticks are super cheap (Think I saw a three pack for $50), and the 1k blades are the same price. This is playing on a smooth concrete surface that is prepped and waiting for a floor.

So yeah, the RBK 1ks are pretty good, and the IW pattern (red) is very similar to the old "Euro" pattern on Montreal blades.

i use a ccm v40 after a month it wore out and snaped. I would say go with KOHO

After a month? That seems pretty good to me, most blades I've used in roller last a few times before they're shot. The v40s have lasted twice as well.

I just started using the v40 and the performance is the blade is a lot better than I expected. It's also probably the lighest abs blade out there. The kohos are stiff but they're also twice the weight. If the v40 lasts me more than 20 games, I'll be happy because i've been going through composite blades every 5 games on roller floor/sports court.

^^ that's because it isn't really "abs" it's a composite material meant to work like abs but be stiffer, stronger and lighter.

^^ that's because it isn't really "abs" it's a composite material meant to work like abs but be stiffer, stronger and lighter.

So is that good or bad?

So is that good or bad?

it's great. it seems lighter than some of the composite blades i have and on a rlxn10, it doesn't feel like i'm carrying an ax

the v40 lecavalier blade I'm selling is about 175 grams.

btw something worth noting about the blade. A surface like a rough tennis court will eat the blade alive. It's better on painted or smooth concrete or something slicker.

have you tried these?

they are probably the longest lasting blades out there

K2100SB-big.jpg

beastly blade for outdoor play. i used one every day for a month and it held up wonderfully. it has zilch puck feel, but you can't beat the durability on this blade.

^^^

Try the Crossover. Lasts even longer. Large heel curve, blade heavy, but durable as iron.

random sidenote: some guy in a hockey shop in Tampa, FL told me they no longer make the crossover blade. I kinda laughed cause i thought he was joshin' with me then when i relaized he was serious I just hung up ;/ Gotta love the overwhelming helpfull knowledge in some LHS

^^^

Try the Crossover. Lasts even longer. Large heel curve, blade heavy, but durable as iron.

random sidenote: some guy in a hockey shop in Tampa, FL told me they no longer make the crossover blade. I kinda laughed cause i thought he was joshin' with me then when i relaized he was serious I just hung up ;/ Gotta love the overwhelming helpfull knowledge in some LHS

they are no longer making the crossover? seems kinda strange since so many outdoor people seem to be using that stick and blade combo.

But as I said, I had the crossover on my stick for 8 games and it wore all the way down.

I'd like to try the rbk 1k IW red blade, but 2 of my LHS were out of them. I need to pick up something today though.

the crossover uses a different ABS and is thicker than the 1k. the crossover also has a different wrap with more durable fibers.

the 1k is lighter and has better feel.

Matt, they used to carry the CCM heats at sports authority. I'm not sure if they're still making them. If they are, chances are you'll have to hit up a sports authority or modells on the island to find it.

I've used Jofa blades with similar construction. They were pretty durable and the puckfeel was half decent, as they have a wood wrap around the ABS, as opposed to a wood insert between the ABS.