Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

The "whiporama"

Yeah, why would that be illegal? The players just need to put a body on him, or tap his stick and he'll lose the puck.

In no way is keeping the puck on your blade and skating with it illegal.

I could have sworn that was illegal. I got called for it when I initiated the Michigan move on the opposite post, picked it up pretty much before I got behind the net, and put it under the bar on the other side. The ref said it was illegal to carry the puck that long. He told me if I would have done it while standing behind the net it would have been legal.

My stick was below my shoulder the whole time.

Yeah, why would that be illegal? The players just need to put a body on him, or tap his stick and he'll lose the puck.

In no way is keeping the puck on your blade and skating with it illegal.

Every one was scared of him. I think he only got hit once that season.

I've heard of similar things being penalties, mostly for unsportsman like and delay of game. Never with the puck on the stick, but when players kill off a minute or two of the clock by just circling the net and there's maybe a minute or two left in the game.

I've heard of similar things being penalties, mostly for unsportsman like and delay of game. Never with the puck on the stick, but when players kill off a minute or two of the clock by just circling the net and there's maybe a minute or two left in the game.

He actually circled the net once lor twice. The refs where we live are just so stupid they dont know what is and isnt a penalty. Half of them are only 15.

I doubt it's actually in the rule book and they just called it to rescue the other team a bit. The kid I knew didn't circle the net with it on his stick, he just cut circled the net like 10 times and the refs got fed up because they knew it would lead to something severe. I don't think it's a matter of the refs competence. These were at tournaments out of town as well.

cant do it moving yet, not to mention 360, only stand still

and ic an't get it to go on the backhand..

my friend can do it on his backhand easy but not his forehand... wierd...

If you carry the puck on yuor stick in my roller hockey league they will call you for unsportsman like conduct.

I can do the michigan move but have only done it in practice on a empty net. But i have pulled of the 360 on my goalie twice in practice. It always gets a nice reaction from anyone who sees it.

i can never get the"lift" on my between the legs shots. anyone got any pointers or is it just shooting it between the legs for hours.......

i can never get the"lift" on my between the legs shots. anyone got any pointers or is it just shooting it between the legs for hours.......

it takes wrist strength, u basically want to put the puck on the toe and snap it. u cant get under it like with a ball, its like a quick snap shot..

You need very strong forarms, and having a curve with a lot of loft helps.

so like a toe curve? from wut u and veltri said, it sounds like that?

Anything with loft will do the trick. Drury or Sakic or any clones of them work. Make sure you do it all in one motion, too. Pull the puck between with the toe and just snap it. It's very easy.

I honestly did it 2 week ago at a hockey ball tourney here in montreal.I scored but when i got equal to the net line the ball tiped the goalie mask that was on one leg on the floor.But next shift one of the defense giant nailed me on the wall for it.

But all in all i made the move of the weeked :).

Anything with loft will do the trick. Drury or Sakic or any clones of them work. Make sure you do it all in one motion, too. Pull the puck between with the toe and just snap it. It's very easy.

u mean pull it from the front? u have any video, itd be easier it i saw it

Pull the puck between with the toe? i dunno if were on the same page. im talking about the "Jagr" move

Yeah, the Jagr move.

No video, but get the puck in front of you and pull it between your legs with the toe, all in one motion. As is you pull it through just snap your wrists when the puck is behind you.

no, the only difference for LH and RH people is that if your a lefty come in on the left hand side and if your a righty come in from the right hand side. Its a simple move actually.

Since your a righty, just come in from the right hand side. Once you get close enough to the goalie, and in the right spot, toe drag the puck back. This is while your going across the net, once you toe drag the puck between your legs, just do a snap shot when the puck is on the toe of your blade.

you don't even need to toe it back, it just looks better. You can put it through your legs on the backhand and then just snap it upstairs. Not hard at all once you practice it for about 15 minutes.

RE: Carrying the puck= anything the ref says is illegal is illegal and anytime they say no goal its no goal. You can have video showing the goal and it just makes them mad when you show it to them. Its called referees discretion and a judge is the only other person out there that can be blind and say they see everything! Hey Im blind I'm deaf and I want to be a Ref! Just kidding dont get upset, refs out there.

Those are generally lazy refs who don't know the rules, they give the rest of the refs a bad name.

you know that "hockey school move" or something? you kinda deke to one side, then bring it back to the other and push it into the open side? is there any way to make this easier? I can never seem to do it...

You have to get the goalie to commit to the deke. If he reads it, you have no chance.