Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbieshockey20

High School Hockey

Hi, I was wondering if any of you know of any websites or any way that you can watch high school hockey? I'd really like to see some of the games from Minnesota High School hockey, but any other leagues would be great too. Sorry if this has already been posted, I searched but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

The MN HS hockey tourney is on tv right now. Currently the small school finals are playing and later on the larger schools. It is interesting to note that the school with the smallest enrollment is playing in the larger school final. Here is a link to the MN State Hockey webcast..I think it costs $10 though..

http://www.b2now.com/SubMarketPage/HS/MSHSL/

Some good pics of the MSHSL hockey tourney for you gear nuts out there.

http://www.startribune.com/10161/gallery/1011959.html

Smaller schools = Class A

Larger schools = Class AA

But Roseau the winner of the Class AA title has the enrollment of a smaller A school, but they're such a hockey powerhouse, it doesnt matter what class they're in.

Warroad is a class A school and Roseau's main rival, but Roseau is in class AA for reason of pride I assume.

www.roseauramshockey.com Here is a good link to their program and it will link you to several others around the state as well.

The teams are high school teams, just like football or basketball. They attend that high school. For the most part, they are home grown and come through the feeder programs in place in the community. There is a constant debate in the Twin Cities regarding private schools vs. public schools for hockey. The continued dominance of private schools has some people crying that there is recruiting going on to bring the best players into the school. MN allows for open enrollment for high schools. You can pick the school you go to. The state high school league is currently trying to get a bill passed that if you transfer schools, you have to sit out an entire athletic year.

State High School League

For the most part though, kids playing for the high school team are from that high school. I think most of the Roseau kids that just won the tourney grew up in Roseau.

The biggest names are:

AA

Academy Of Holy Angels

Hill Murray

Cretin Durham Hall

Benilde St. Margrets

A

St. Thomas Academy

The Blake School

Breck

Totino Grace

This is just quickly off the top of my head. I know I am missing some high quality programs so please add to what I threw up there.