Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epstud74

NCAA hockey

Why would BU even face Michigan?? Michigan would have to get past UND or Minnesota (assuming MN beats Air Force)to face Minnesota. BU would have to slow the game down dramatically to have a chance to beat Minnesota.

BU can beat any team in this tourny, same with BC dont just think MN and ND will run over everyone

Really? UNH was 1-0 against Minnesota this year and 2-0 against Colorado College, BC was 2-0 against Wisconsin, Maine was 1-0 against Minnesota and 2-0 against North Dakota. I'd call that skating with them.

Funny, I'd call it skating past them. ;)

Are any of these games going to be picked up by Vs, Fox Sports, ESPN?

First round and regionals covered by ESPNU - sure NESN will cover some of the Hockey East games as well.

Semis are on ESPN2

Final on ESPN

If it is like last year, ESPNU will have exclusive coverage of the regionals. Hoping for games on NESN will leave you SOL.

Hockey East is the best conference in the country

:lol:

I hope you were kidding... Im guessing a WCHA team will win the national title again this year as well.

Call me a homer since I live in Indiana, but the games I've seen Notre Dame play this year, I'm calling them to be in the National Championship and actually thinking they might have their best chance this year to pull off the win! Go Fighting Irish! Show the nation what the CCHA is all about.

The CCHA is pretty good, but Notre Dame is on top of the league in a down year. ND will have to step it up a notch to beat a lock down defensive team like Maine or teams like Minnesota or North Dakota

im going to the northeast tourny today and tomorrow in manchester. UNH vs Miami and BC vs St Lawrence, some good games, we got tickets to all three.

Maine looked pretty good compared to St Cloud. I doubt Goepfort is a legitimate Hobey candidate. He's looked awful this past month and got shelled by the Gophers, Badgers and now Black Bears. SCSU got into the tourney on the merit of their W/L record, but they definitely didnt look like a top 16 team this past month.

This Michigan/North Dakota game is a barn burner. Started out 3-1 Michigan when they came hot out of the gate, now its 4-3 start of the 2nd period and UND has the lead.

Michigan State over Boston 5-1, wow, didn't really see that kind of game coming.

Why?? They were the worst #2 seed in the tournament

It seems like something always happens to BU in the last game.. last year BU beat BC in the beanpot and then Hockey East Championship then in regionals they beat nebraska-omaha 9-2 and then the next day lost 5-0 to BC.

Michigan State over Boston 5-1, wow, didn't really see that kind of game coming.

Why?? They were the worst #2 seed in the tournament

BU reminds me a lot of St Cloud State..They tend to blow their wad against Boston College at the Beanpot each year, but tend to lose in the big games when it counts..(NCAAs) The Beanpot is just a BU/BC affair with Northeastern/Harvard showing up to lose every year. St Cloud State is the same way, they play the Gophers tough 2-3 games a year and tank it in the WCHA Frozen 5 and NCAAs.

North Dakota has beaten the Gophers twice already this season. Both teams are evenly matched, too bad the two best teams in the country had to meet in the same regional. Who wins it all? BC/NoDak is the best game remaining thus far. I cant seem to get excited about Maine vs a mediocre Michigan State team.