Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamhystyk

Warrior Lie issue need help please advise

I was looking at getting a new warrior blade but I need some help they have lie 4 lie 5 and lie 6 available in the Dolomite 2 pattern I want, Which would be the closest to the Ak 27 Standard blade in terms of lie? thanks in advance for the help

sorry to be more specific the AK blade was a Draper but a pro stock sakic clone, they appear the same pro and retail as far as lie and curve are concerned, I would like the same blade for my back up stick, but I dont know which to choose? they offer Draper L4 Draper L5 and Draper L6, Im guessing its the 5, but I dont want to spend that much and get the wrong blade. TIA

best way to guess for me is to add one. i think they use the lies that sherwood and ccm use - which is slightly lower than eastons - then they add one. if you wanted a regular draper(sakic) lie - im betting its the 5. ive heard differing reports on whether or not the draper is actually the same lie as the sakic. warrior is pretty messed up this way. i know the smyth i had (warrior lie 4) was the same as the ccm doan i had (lie 5). it was also slightly lower than an easton fors (easton 5), which plays into my theory on warrior vs easton lies. just a theory though, i wouldnt put money on it.

im sure youre more confused now.

the only warrior blade i've used is a dolomite 2 kovalev. drury clone.

The lie on the Kovalev I used was slightly different than my regular Drury. Not sure why...

I'm not sure what Warrior's issue is with the lie? The Dolomite Weight stick list a 4.5 lie, the replacement blades are listed at a 4 lie YET my replacement blade has lie 5 printed on it. Good grief.

the only warrior blade i've used is a dolomite 2 kovalev. drury clone.

The lie on the Kovalev I used was slightly different than my regular Drury. Not sure why...

its basically probably what i already wrote. their lies are different than the easton scale. is your kovalev slightly higher? a ccm/sherwood 6 - which used to be the standard 6 is slightly higher than the easton 5.5....and a bit lower than the easton 6. they are on the older scale of lie, plus one. so if im right a warrior 5 is actually a 6 on a sherwood ccm scale.

I'm not sure what Warrior's issue is with the lie? The Dolomite Weight stick list a 4.5 lie, the replacement blades are listed at a 4 lie YET my replacement blade has lie 5 printed on it. Good grief.

weight was listed on last years website as a 5, so its no surprise there. i think they lowered some of the lies on the website this year - i dont think they actually changed the lie on the patterns like the weight. all the blades from last year, which you likely got will all still say 5 on them. i just think the website is messed up, no different from ccm's and rbk's in the past.

This gets so complicated. I know it's been suggested before but there should be a more objective system for measuring lies.

I am looking to try out a Fedorov, but I can't decide if I should get the lie-5 or lie-6 version since I can't see them in person. I want what would be closest to a true 6 or a point higher than what I am currently using, an AK27 Weight. Thanks for any help guys.

I have an AK27 blade Draper in a lie 6 and it's pretty darn close to a true 6.

You must have the only one

I am looking to try out a Fedorov, but I can't decide if I should get the lie-5 or lie-6 version since I can't see them in person. I want what would be closest to a true 6 or a point higher than what I am currently using, an AK27 Weight. Thanks for any help guys.

Obviously the higher lie is going to be closer to what you want.

I don't know, right now i use a smyth dolomite and is listed as a 4 lie. I use this stick with my lindros bauer which is listed as a lie 6, and the lie's for both are very similar, if not the same.

I don't know, right now i use a smyth dolomite and is listed as a 4 lie. I use this stick with my lindros bauer which is listed as a lie 6, and the lie's for both are very similar, if not the same.

That's amazing, every smyth I've ever seen has been very close to a real 4. This is making me think there is a measuring issue going on here.

Since they are always listed lower than they really are, the 5 would be the closer option.

Did you mean higher? Or were you talking about NBH curves?

Since they are always listed lower than they really are, the 5 would be the closer option.

Warrior's labeled lie numbers are lower than the actual lie of the curve. A Warrior lie 5 is probably a 5.5

Warrior's labeled lie numbers are lower than the actual lie of the curve. A Warrior lie 5 is probably a 5.5

The blades with bigger rockers are farther off as well. The flatter the bottom the closer it will be.