Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

Discontinued equipment

CCM HT200?

Not to seem behind the times, but I just entered in www.jofa.com and the reebok hockey website came up. so.....is Jofa no longer? Do they make the brand or only under the Reebok name?? I was a big Jofa guy when I was a kid..especially when it comes to shin guards

Um...been that way for 3 years now.

Hmm guess I havent been paying too much attention to new protective equipment. I still wear a 7 year old pair of Nike gloves I got at the local Nike Clearance Outlet here in MN back in 1999-2000 or so.

Um...been that way for 3 years now.

Hmm guess I havent been paying too much attention to new protective equipment. I still wear a 7 year old pair of Nike gloves I got at the local Nike Clearance Outlet here in MN back in 1999-2000 or so.

Speaking of the old Chelios/Modano boot.. I have a pair of CCM roller boots that are fairly identical to these skates, but are a "655." Bought them back in 1996 or so..Put Tuuk Custom holders on them. Why the "655?" Are the constructed differently? I found a link to them online. It is JUST the boot.

http://sportsplus4-store.stores.yahoo.net/ccm655tacks.html

I have had both the CCM 655 RH Super Tacks and the CCM 652 Super Tacks and the only difference I could see at all was the 655 (roller version) had black felt in the tongue and black trim in the heel area where the 652's had white. I always figured that the roller version had black because back in the 90's a lot of guys played outside and the black wouldn't get as dirty. I still have some 655's for roller and a pair of 552's I converted from ice to roller. This pic shows one of the 552's with white trim and one of the 655's with black trim. Those are still my favorite type Tacks.

Rick Henry

63t7yu8.jpg

This may show the differences a little better.

61xjds8.jpg Rick Henry

I have had both the CCM 655 RH Super Tacks and the CCM 652 Super Tacks and the only difference I could see at all was the 655 (roller version) had black felt in the tongue and black trim in the heel area where the 652's had white. I always figured that the roller version had black because back in the 90's a lot of guys played outside and the black wouldn't get as dirty. I still have some 655's for roller and a pair of 552's I converted from ice to roller. This pic shows one of the 552's with white trim and one of the 655's with black trim. Those are still my favorite type Tacks.

Rick Henry

63t7yu8.jpg

This may show the differences a little better.

61xjds8.jpg Rick Henry

Yep..Those are it.. Still a comfy skate..just worn out. I tried roller, didnt like it all that much and converted them to ice. I probably wore them for a couple years...They've been relegated to pond hockey status..the toe is all frayed and the boot has lost its stiffness, but I can see why that last is considered one of the all time classic skates. I do like the black tongue more so than the white.

Yeah, epstud,the Jofa brand is partly Reebok now..It's okay that you didn't know, my son had to let me in on it..I felt JR came off a little harsh on you with the sarcasm because you

"weren't up with times".. <_<

And yeah, I wear those Taks, too! Second pair of skates I've ever bought and they're still fantastic!! I,too, like the black toungue..although i wear my shinpads OVER my skates so I suppose color does not matter. The black blades on the (ice)skates I have look so cool, too.

No way Sick....I've seen them up close on my tele..

Besides, what do you wear? Eastons??

So please do not refer to me as a "bender" (whatever the heck that means)..I'm probably old enough to be your father..show me some respect before one of these mods comes in and closes the thing because you are a mean little boy.

--Does anyone know why no more normal blades aren't being made anymore? I go to the local hockey shop and all of these crazy blade curves are insane...I like a straight blade and besides the Forsburg, everything is too much for me.

OH I TOLD YOU...

and ps, I wear Tacks...if you would READ THE ENTIRE THREAD you would see that..

Hey gang, does anybody think that CCM has the neatest looking old equipment.. I mean those old leather CCM gloves are the greatest!

i still use ccm pro tacks 950s, had to throw on some tuuks a few months ago. i should post up a picture.

I still wear tacks too. There are a lot of people around here who still wear tacks. I don't really like the look of them but I don't really look at my skates much anyways. The main reason I wear them is that they fit my fat feet. The only other boot that fit me correctly were F1's (not exactly gucci either).

ahh tacks, the official skate of the bender

Ha, obvious ramifications of such a wide assumption aside, a little semi-relevant story - I know a very well respected NCAA DI assistant coach (not some 22 year old grad assistant, established 15 years on the job and head of recruiting) who would not recruit a player who wore Tacks. We thought he was kidding when he brought it up (we were working at a USA Select camp), but upon checking literally every player on his list did not wear Tacks. Then we went through his team's media guide, no Tacks there either. The funny thing is that his picks for the Select camp were right on with everyone else's - maybe there just weren't any good Tacks wearers that year. If only selecting teams was that simple every year.

ahh tacks, the official skate of the bender

Ha, obvious ramifications of such a wide assumption aside, a little semi-relevant story - I know a very well respected NCAA DI assistant coach (not some 22 year old grad assistant, established 15 years on the job and head of recruiting) who would not recruit a player who wore Tacks. We thought he was kidding when he brought it up (we were working at a USA Select camp), but upon checking literally every player on his list did not wear Tacks. Then we went through his team's media guide, no Tacks there either. The funny thing is that his picks for the Select camp were right on with everyone else's - maybe there just weren't any good Tacks wearers that year. If only selecting teams was that simple every year.

Are Chelios/Modano and Lemieux "benders?"

modano actually does not wear tacks.. they are built basically as 8090's but he loves the look of the tacks, hence the tack appearance

Even though I have zero facts to back this up, I can almost guarantee you are wrong. Anyone else have any input on this?

Why would CCM build skates to Bauer specs?

the only thing that MIGHT hold some water for that argument is if Modano's got thick, wide feet.

I would assume that his tacks are built on a custom last for him, so if he has a foot type that fits into an 8090 boot, the CCMs would be made with a similar last to the 8090s.

this would be the only comparison, and I am neither confirming nor denying that Modano's skates are built on a last similar to the 8090. The boot materials, construction, workmanship, etc. would all be CCM.

all that said, i think he's talking out of his ass.